Odds For The New Manager

1 minute ago, Animis said:

This season is 'massive' for SWFC and Chansari - there's no other word for it. Anyone looking at the accounts and FFP criteria knows we are running to the cliff edge without a plan.

We need a manager (like SB) who had/has the potential of getting us at least a play off place. Anything else is means we're fec'd, unless the rules change.

Therefore. I'm happy with a 1-yr manger plan, who has form in these situations.

I see what you mean..but look where short term planning has got us...btw DC was probably planning long term with the greedy cabbage..so....

Just now, Royal_D said:

Who’s your man ?  

Arteta would be my first choice. I considered GVB but after reading a fair bit about him, I'm not convinced.. other than that Paul Cook, purely on the type of football he likes to play. The best route out of the championship has always been attack.

Just now, Hitcat said:

Arteta would be my first choice. I considered GVB but after reading a fair bit about him, I'm not convinced.. other than that Paul Cook, purely on the type of football he likes to play. The best route out of the championship has always been attack.

Agree on Paul Cook, love to see him here 

Arteta and GVB unrealistic for me 

2 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Why ?

Because we continue to lose 20/30m without having the luxury of off-setting some of this against a (stupid) asset sale/income, which is a one-off stop-gap.

We are a car crash, with only promotion to the PL, or rule changes of FFP that will change this. Our player wages/cost vs revenue has escalated out of control and we all shrug our shoulders and hope we've got some more family silver to sell - shocking!

2 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Huddersfield.

Because we continue to lose 20/30m without having the luxury of off-setting some of this against a (stupid) asset sale/income, which is a one-off stop-gap.

We are a car crash, with only promotion to the PL, or rule changes of FFP that will change this. Our player wages/cost vs revenue has escalated out of control and we all shrug our shoulders and hope we've got some more family silver to sell - shocking!

Think we will have done enough to survive next season if we dont get promoted. but we wont be able to spend any money now on transfers as some may believe.

3 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I see what you mean..but look where short term planning has got us...btw DC was probably planning long term with the greedy cabbage..so....

The club is out of control, and has been since May 2016 - DC desperately needs to get out of this league. He's gambled and failed. This isn't new news - we all pinned hope on SB and he relied on DC's asset stripping to give him what? 3 free transfers to crack on and get us up?

Let's face it, we are a top 10/6 team who perhaps might just get a play-off place with this team. The manager will help in this but I'm not sure how much - we're fixed now for the season in term of players.

9 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Why ?

Same question for me. Why would rolling losses for 17-18,18-19 and 19-20 amass to 39 million?. Not being funny would just like it explained  bear in mind for two of those 3 years we will/would've cut our cloth accordingly in relation to transfer fees and laterly for wages.

The club is out of control, and has been since May 2016 - DC desperately needs to get out of this league. He's gambled and failed. This isn't new news - we all pinned hope on SB and he relied on DC's asset stripping to give him what? 3 free transfers to crack on and get us up?

Let's face it, we are a top 10/6 team who perhaps might just get a play-off place with this team. The manager will help in this but I'm not sure how much - we're fixed now for the season in term of players.

I agree.. what are you on about?

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Agree on Paul Cook, love to see him here 

Arteta and GVB unrealistic for me 

Surprised Cook not getting more of a mention on here. Has had numerous promotions and keeps progressing to bigger clubs all while playing decent attacking football. Quite a passionate likeable guy too. Some similarities to Wilder in terms of background (not likeability obviously)

I’d be quite excited if he came, but presumably the lack of noise around him, Neil and Stendel for example is because theyre in work. Not that that ought to stop us trying. 

Just now, paulrs said:

Surprised Cook not getting more of a mention on here. Has had numerous promotions and keeps progressing to bigger clubs all while playing decent attacking football. Quite a passionate likeable guy too. Some similarities to Wilder in terms of background (not likeability obviously)

I’d be quite excited if he came, but presumably the lack of noise around him, Neil and Stendel for example is because theyre in work. Not that that ought to stop us trying. 

I’m not sure Cook would come at the moment, he’s been given millions to spend this summer, and he was talking about making a push for the play offs

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Didn't do Bruce on the cheap.

True. That's what's so baffling about this time around. Particularly with a reported 4m+ compensation kitty.

Edited by Hitcat

1 minute ago, Hitcat said:

It always baffles me why chairman are prepared to stump up massive fees for players, but with managers they try and do it on the cheap.

Abso-bloody-lutely. 

£4m apiece on Abdi and Van Aken but we presumably wouldn’t think about paying that for a top manager option.

You have to to ask yourself Who’s likely to have more impact on the club overall? 

Maybe its because a players value can increase massively whereas a manager’s never will... but even so 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hitcat said:

It always baffles me why chairman are prepared to stump up massive fees for players, but with managers they try and do it on the cheap.

It was reported we was paying Bruce £2 million a year , for that sort of money,i would  be looking at someone like Rudi Garcia

Guest Theboylangers

Well it's one of the worst situations I can ever remember in terms of who is unemployed and potentially up for consideration as our new manager.

I also don't think I've ever seen Owlstalk so divided on the subject apart from we all seem to agree that it can't be Zola. 

For me, I'd like Paul Cook if we were willing to pay compo. 

If it's one of the unemployed, grudgingly Rowett.