Odds For The New Manager

33 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde said:

Don't get the spaffest for Hughton. He's as dull as ditch water and his teams aren't much better.

"Look what he did at Brighton!"  Yes, bored everyone to tears.

To be fair I think he’s a good fit for us, will keep us solid and win a lot of games similar to how SB did for us. 

However the local Norwich journalist was on the radio this morning and he was saying all fans want from their team this season is to give it a go and they are glad they don’t have to watch Chris Hughton’s football anymore. 

I’d love to have an attacking style of football a la Leeds however not at the expense of being successful. 

25 minutes ago, vulva said:

Agree. Let’s just hope he agrees to the £650m Premier League job release clause. 

My choice was Cowley, but from a CV perspective you can’t argue with DC on this one. 

I'm not generally ITK but in relation to Cowley I am - and we've asked him four times to come for interview but he refuses to drop Lincoln in the poo so close to start of season / end of window, especially after having apparently got exactly what he asked for in terms of transfer budget. Last time we asked was Tues or Weds evening so the job was still live then.

Rowett wants it bad, was interviewed and it went well but last week he thought he was second choice.

• Thanks 1

Just now, dfoster said:

I'm not generally ITK but in relation to Cowley I am - and we've asked him four times to come for interview but he refuses to drop Lincoln in the poo so close to start of season / end of window, especially after having apparently got exactly what he asked for in terms of transfer budget. Last time we asked was Tues or Weds evening so the job was still live then.

Rowett wants it bad, was interviewed and it went well but last week he thought he was second choice.

that doesn't surprise me snakey bruce he aint  the kid will get snapped up one day 

1 minute ago, dfoster said:

Well done to him for having some principals. Shane thatcunt we bent over backwards for didntdidn’t

Just now, steelowl said:

that doesn't surprise me snakey bruce he aint  the kid will get snapped up one day 

Totally agree, he's apparently a total workhorse and clearly dead straight and loyal. He would love our job as he wants to stay in this area but the timing is wrong 

• Thanks 1

Totally agree, he's apparently a total workhorse and clearly dead straight and loyal. He would love our job as he wants to stay in this area but the timing is wrong 

Would love Cowley as our manager. Got to admire his loyalty. Shame though. 

4 minutes ago, dfoster said:

So is it CH or some young/old, high/low profile foreign manager or Bullen?

Just now, dfoster said:

Brand new training ground, owners backing him to the hilt, nice part of the country to live in. He's got time on his side.

If whoever we get doesn't work ou............................................ :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Brand new training ground, owners backing him to the hilt, nice part of the country to live in. He's got time on his side.

If whoever we get doesn't work ou............................................ :ph34r:

Believe it or not there's even been a suggestion Bullen might take it for a while until Lincoln can find a replacement... alternatively that we overpay on compo so Lincoln are actually happy to 'sell' him to us .... Weds are clearly very, very keen...

That said, I believe that we have many plates spinning at the same time and there will be a few people feeling just as pursued as Danny Cowley right now... personally, Cowley would be second pick as far as I am concerned- Hughton is the perfect fit and he wants it he's got to be the man.

6 minutes ago, dfoster said:

I just know someone close to Cowley. Don't hear owt about Weds sadly 

I reside in the Lincoln area now and a lot of guys I play Golf with tell me he is a very driven and principled guy .

Believe it or not there's even been a suggestion Bullen might take it for a while until Lincoln can find a replacement... alternatively that we overpay on compo so Lincoln are actually happy to 'sell' him to us .... Weds are clearly very, very keen...

That said, I believe that we have many plates spinning at the same time and there will be a few people feeling just as pursued as Danny Cowley right now... personally, Cowley would be second pick as far as I am concerned- Hughton is the perfect fit and he wants it he's got to be the man.

I agree with most of that, except switch Cowley and Hughton around.

It's a pity the time isn't right.

I think another reason is Cowley likes where he lives, he would probably have to move from where he is now to avoid disappointed Lincoln fans.

19 minutes ago, dfoster said:

Cowley is an interesting choice. If we are that keen we could maybe tempt him here if the deal is right for everyone involved. Seems like he was speaking with WBA. Better timing in May/June obviously.