Odds For The New Manager

3 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

Right. So, to all those ITK, is Chris Hughton at the game tomorrow then?

Yep he is. He’ll in the directors box on the same row as Rowett, Coleman, Silva, Pulis, Van Bronckhorst, Megson, Cowley, Viera, Arsene Wenger, Mike Bassett and Mr Blobby.

• Haha 2

Hughton has been the popular choice right from the start, Seems like a genuine guy, certainly knows his stuff. Was a bit put out when the Mirror reported he'd snubbed us.....but did he?, and if he genuinely wasn't interested why hasn't he said anything to that effect?...…..come to think of it, nobody has come out and said anything!, some kind of confidentiality clause maybe?

We're in a bit of a situation here, Bruce left us in a right old mess, as did Big Ron, I've never forgotten.....Our greatest moment in my living memory soured by someone we thought actually had an affinity with the club we love. No manager loves the club like supporters do, it's just a job to them and, as in life, there's always bigger and better going to come calling at some point.

Of all the potential candidates Hughton is the only one that fits our current situation, get him in and we are just a fortnight behind where we were before Bruce dropped us in it, a name that is respected, obviously well connected, popular with the fans, we ALL know who he is, what he has done and he would, in the main (you can't please everyone!) step out onto our pitch already a hero and backed by the majority...…...unlike Bruce up North who has really got his work cut out trying to win those unhappy Geordies over.

D.C. knows all this, I suspect Hughton will come if we throw enough cash at him (everyone has a price), get him in and it will be as if Bruce never happened. 

Anything else just isn't good enough in my opinion.

Edited by Nick13
  • Like 1

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Yep he is. He’ll in the directors box on the same row as Rowett, Coleman, Silva, Pulis, Van Bronckhorst, Megson, Cowley, Viera, Arsene Wenger, Mike Bassett and Mr Blobby.

FFS I knew it was only a matter of time before Steve Evans was linked.

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Personally would love us to do everything we can to get Cowley in. Potentially I think of the names linked he could be the most exciting. Reckon other Championship teams that change managers after the season starts will be looking to get him in. 

Surely Cowley would want to be manager of Sheffield Wednesday on £2m a year, or large bonuses when he does well. 

Of the realistic names, Hughton or Cowley would make fans very content 

Edited by Owls-Fan

18 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Hey You could be onto something......just hire all of them!! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

Surely Cowley would want to be manager of Sheffield Wednesday on £2m a year, or large bonuses when he does well. 

Of the realistic names, Hughton and Cowley would make fan very content 

Cowley wouldn't be offered anywhere near 2 million