George Hirst

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Same. Regardless of what he did last season, it’s now become apparent this was always on the cards. Leicester wouldn’t have touched him on his form last season.

How sad. 

The thing is......he had the ideal platform at Wednesday to become so much better. A manager willing to use the young players, playing for the club he supports, at a better standard than where he has just been. He’ll not go there and maybe play 1 league cup game all season, no way will he get game time. 

2 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

He'll get his loan move in England now, and be on a far bigger wage. Some very bitter people. 

Not really bitter. Couldn’t care less about his financial gains. More bothered that his Dad a supposed Wednesdayite helped screw us out of compensation, particularly given our issues with FFP. 

Wednesday legend eh? 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Not really bitter. Couldn’t care less about his financial gains. More bothered that his Dad a supposed Wednesdayite helped screw us out of compensation, particularly giving our issues with FFP. 

Wednesday legend eh? 

Sure they are 2 sides to every story and if it comes to the crunch David Hirst loyalty will be to his son.
David Hirst still one of the few players I have seen at Wednesday I would call a club legend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Sure they are 2 sides to every story and if it comes to the crunch David Hirst loyalty will be to his son.
David Hirst still one of the few players I have seen at Wednesday I would call a club legend.

His loyalty will rightly be to his son. But the Belgium move rather than a direct move involving compensation was the key issue for most people. 

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

Legend? Shown no loyalty to a fanbase who worshipped him at his feet. A fanbase who would have adored his son. If George wanted to move on, that is fine. But to screw us out of compo, that’s low for me. 

I know I am a vindictive sod but personally I wouldn’t let him in the ground to watch his mates play like we did last season after his agents and family pulled this trick.

Childish I know but why should we be nice about it. Ban ‘em.

I’d be lodging a complaint to the FA. Plenty of evidence they tried their sign him, signs for a club owned by the same owners (feeder club) and then joins Leicester as planned all a long.

It’s a massive fu*k off to the rules even though it’s a loophole.

I’m in no doubt we will get no compensation although I’d feel any team in the same situation should. I think it’s important that we make a huge fuss about this so it doesn’t happen to other clubs who desperately rely on that money just to survive in the future. Especially just so the elite can save less than 1% of their turnover.  

Just to add, I’ve no problem with a youth player wanting to future themselves, but the way he’s gone about it, shafting the club that trained him, especially the one he supports it’s pretty disgusting. 

Edited by jonesy87shef

3 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Leicester have done nothing wrong have they? Just smart business.

What were they expected to do? Sign him from us and pay a fee or send him to feeder

club for nowt and then sign him for nowt... No brainer.

If it’s proven to be a bridge transfer it might raise a few questions. Whilst Hirst did play for Leuven he hardly did enough to warrant a transfer upwards.

Edited by Bluesteel

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

If it’s proven to be a bridge transfer it might raise a few questions. Whilst Hirst did play for Leuven he hardly did enough to warrant a transfer upwards.

Yeah i agree, it was the plan all along. Leicester have bent the rules a bit but it appears they haven't broken them.

Like i say, good for them, bad for us! As per

Hard to complain too much about exploitation of poor rules and loopholes given our supposed situation with the ground and FFP. 

We shouldn't have let it get to this point. We needed to be more savvy and cashed in when it was apparent where this was going a couple of years ago. Think we showed some inexperience in the market with how we handled the situation, and hopefully we learn from it. 

Edited by TheGodfather