George Hirst

6 minutes ago, southportdc said:

sWe might have got a nice little bit of money, but hardly anything life-changing for the club. If Leicester want to mess around like that for a few million, then go for it. It's not going to make much of an impact on them or us in the long term.

Move on from him, he's not a Wednesday player any more. Who gives a fizz about Leicester?

Its the wider implication that's the issue though, Leicester do it so do Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea.

Why is any football team outside of the premier league going to develop young talent when the player can be bought by a foreign feeder club the avoid paying for them.

Edited by room0035

Should’ve just take the £2million when we offered it to you with him having just 1 year left on his contract.

Also don’t try and pretend we are the only ones bending rules etc when it comes to money and FFP

You pulled some dodgy stuff with your stadium and your owner to help yourselves out with FFP

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Its the wider implication that's the issue though, Leicester do it so do Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea.

Why is any football team outside of the premier league going to develop young talent when the player can be bought by a foreign feeder club the avoid paying for them.

It's only a problem if you let them run their contracts down, to which I suspect the FL's answer will be 'don't let them run their contracts down'.

Honestly not reyt bothered, genuinely don’t think the kids good enough but I do hope he makes a career and not too sure why some would wish against it 

End of day the lad wanted a lot of money to stay here, Chansiri said no and didn’t back down! Whatever happened next is for Hirst Snr to explain but he won’t tell his side because he doesn’t need to really, he did what he did ... he got a great deal for his lad and many would do the same

Look, I know that I shouldn’t feel like this as am not in possession of the full facts, but I hope that he is an unmitigated flop at Leicester... totally out of his depth.... and that he goes to Rotherham on a free at the end of the season.

Sorry to be so bitter but I just can’t shake it out of my system.

1 minute ago, southportdc said:

It's only a problem if you let them run their contracts down, to which I suspect the FL's answer will be 'don't let them run their contracts down'.

Unless you're skint or under an embargo :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

Also don’t try and pretend we are the only ones bending rules etc when it comes to money and FFP

You pulled some dodgy stuff with your stadium and your owner to help yourselves out with FFP

Bending unfair FFP rules and robbing teams of money when your club is bankrolled by TV money are two completely different things.

3 in 22 is a stretch in the use of the word successful, situation was handled poorly at the time of his exit and I don't think it needed Hirst senior chucking toys out the pram but lets be honest here out of all the other madness in the year he left this is very low down on the pecking order. 

57 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I have no issues with a young player wanting to better himself and earn more money. George Hirst wanted a wage we couldn’t give him but Leicester City could, that’s fair enough.

But if that is the case, sign for Leicester.

Don’t go out of your way to spend a year in Belgium just to screw the club over that developed you into the player you are out of compensation they are rightfully owed. Coincidentally this is also the club he “claims” to support.

Thats what I have a problem with and it says an awful lot about George Hirst.

I would add however, George has wasted the last 2 years of his career, the first sat around doing nothing and the second playing in the Belgian second division where his goals to games ratio was nothing short of pathetic.

Just because his dad was good, that’s no guarantee he will be too and Dejphon Chansiri was absolutely right not to offer him a first team wage.

Absolutely spot on mate. 

1 hour ago, jonesy87shef said:

I’d be lodging a complaint to the FA. Plenty of evidence they tried their sign him, signs for a club owned by the same owners (feeder club) and then joins Leicester as planned all a long.

It’s a massive fu*k off to the rules even though it’s a loophole.

I’m in no doubt we will get no compensation although I’d feel any team in the same situation should. I think it’s important that we make a huge fuss about this so it doesn’t happen to other clubs who desperately rely on that money just to survive in the future. Especially just so the elite can save less than 1% of their turnover.  

Just to add, I’ve no problem with a youth player wanting to future themselves, but the way he’s gone about it, shafting the club that trained him, especially the one he supports it’s pretty disgusting. 

Jonesy, think you've captured exactly how I feel about this. Yes we should kick up a stink, we won't get any compensation as Leicester haven't broken any current rules (same situation with our supposed ground sale) but if we don't, Prem clubs will do this more and more which is just morally wrong.

Don't wish the lad any ill harm (I don't know exactly what happened inside the club) but I do resent how this deal has been conducted and at the very least, Leceister get their name dragged through the mud.

5 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Absolutely the reasoning behind Brentford dumping their academy and increasing their scouting network!

Hope the authorities clamp down on these sort of shenanigans.

Maybe Chelsea's transfer ban (only two transfer windows, mind) is an example of things to come especially when considering the future of young talent.

We will get a percentage of his first sale (4% I believe, 1% to the Belgian club) plus payments from all his transfers fees until his 23rd birthday, so it's not a total wash-out.

https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/sports/item/a-guide-to-training-compensation-and-solidarity-payments-in-football

Edited by Minton

1 minute ago, southportdc said:

So a team in the football league has a player at under 18 levels they have spent 8-10 year developing them then man utd makes contact woth them run your contract down, join Antweep (MUFC feeder club) then join us next season.

What do you think will happen their current club will keep them under contract spending maybe a fortune to keep a player who might not make it or just have to let them go, it won't be long before teams drop their youth teams as why would you invest in something that will lose you money.

How many of the current England team started their career in the lower league, how many of them would be current international if they had started out at a premier league team I bet half would never had made it because they would have not got noticed playing week in week out. 

7 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

Should’ve just take the £2million when we offered it to you with him having just 1 year left on his contract.

You have some f ing gal , Leicester broke all the rules in regards to FFP,  do one !!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Fox1884 said:

You've got a cheek, go into admin, get tory boy Lineker to plea for you, come out other side smelling of roses as though nowt happened. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

The amount of spaffimg over him on here was embarrassing . Kid ain’t up to much and would have probably been released sooner or later had he stayed . Certainly no loss on the clubs part 

That quite frankly is utter b0ll0x. He can only be judged on what he's achieved so far and he was clearly one of if not the best English striker in his age group. Whether he goes on to fulfil that potential is another matter. He's not helped himself by not playing and being in a deadend club for a season but to claim he's no good, well what does that make every other kid in the U21 age group?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, York_Owl said:

Makes it very difficult for us to comply with FFP when Premier League Clubs are pulling stunts like this.

As a minimum we should be able to offset the £2m we should have received as part of the calculation for FFP. 

Whilst where at it can we claim compensation on the likes of Abdi ? Get round FFP through all the injured players ?. Claim money back on players we overpaid for , where do we stop ? There was nothing untoward regards Hirst  leaving us only on moral issues . 

8 minutes ago, Minton said:

We will get a percentage of his first sale (4% I believe, 1% to the Belgian club) plus payments from all his transfers fees until his 23rd birthday, so it's not a total wash-out.

https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/sports/item/a-guide-to-training-compensation-and-solidarity-payments-in-football

£3.50 at best