George Hirst

30 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Regarding George, we've only heard one side of the story of why he left SWFC - I thought we would have heard the Hirst side by now, but maybe it will never be made public. 

Or maybe there isn’t a Hirst side and what had been said is what actually happened. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hardly a surprise, the only surprise perhaps that Leicester still consider him viable after last seasons loan spell. 

Dont wish the boy ill, didn't want to sign a contract but if he does ever find himself back at Hillsborough in the opposition team, dont expect anything other than to be roundly booed by 25,000 actual Wednesdayites.

Oh by the way, that shape approaching at speed is Hutchinson, just about to take your legs away with a crunching tackle in the first minute. Welcome to big boy football!

(Ok, turns out I did wish him a little ill after all) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Also the only reason we have FFP is clubs like Leicester who almost went under all those years ago.

Also Leicester are the club who went up a few seasons ago breaking the FFP rules but not feeling the consequences.

Absolutely, FFP is ironically one of the most unfair rules in football, only those with large parachute (failure) payments benefit, the gap between the three coming down and the rest of us will only get bigger while FFP is enforced the way it is. 

We’re meant to be able to compete when premier league clubs are allowed to own sister clubs abroad which they’re abusing to screw clubs like us over after we’ve developed that player for years. Absolute joke Prem is a closed shop and the rules just reinforce that.

• Like 1

Instead of carrying out a witch hunt against owners who are trying to support clubs the EFL should be looking into sly underhand deals such as this. 

A shifty dealing cost us at least a million,, what are EFL going to do about this?

51 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Not the first time this underhand practice has goosed us.

Lee Chapman springs to mind...he went to Leeds via France. I think we got 5% of s0d all for the deal.

Edited by Lombado

8 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Absolutely, FFP is ironically one of the most unfair rules in football, only those with large parachute (failure) payments benefit, the gap between the three coming down and the rest of us will only get bigger while FFP is enforced the way it is. 

Agreed. My point being how unfair is it that a club who have cheated FFP, have screwed a club over who are currently fighting it. 

Disgraceful from Leicester.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not really bitter. Couldn’t care less about his financial gains. More bothered that his Dad a supposed Wednesdayite helped screw us out of compensation, particularly given our issues with FFP. 

Wednesday legend eh? 

His loyalty will be to his family. I wouldn't want to drink with a bloke who had it any other way. 

1 hour ago, jonesy87shef said:

It’s a massive fu*k off to the rules even though it’s a loophole.

And we wouldn't want anyone taking advantage of those now would we?

36 minutes ago, cookeh said:

George is a weird name. People shouldn't be called George.

ahem.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lets be honest, if we found we were signing the top scorer from the Belgian second tier we would be pretty underwhelmed. I am disappointed that George wasn't the second coming but I have been over it for a year now.

Time for the club solicitors to jump on this, the FA, the EFL, the Premier League.

Leicester city sign Hirst with their club in Belgium to avoid having to pay probably something like £3-4m in compensation, then 12 months later sign him for free from their feeder club.

This cannot be allowed to happen or club in the football league will be finished.

The next 24 hours for me will decide the outcome of the EFL as a viable league going forward. 

• Like 1

We might have got a nice little bit of money, but hardly anything life-changing for the club. If Leicester want to mess around like that for a few million, then go for it. It's not going to make much of an impact on them or us in the long term.

Move on from him, he's not a Wednesday player any more. Who gives a fizz about Leicester?

Guest Grez Bez

Fingers crossed he's playing for Eccy Red Rose in Sheffield County Senior League in a few years...

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Time for the club solicitors to jump on this, the FA, the EFL, the Premier League.

Leicester city sign Hirst with their club in Belgium to avoid having to pay probably something like £¾m in compensation, then 12 months later sign him for free from their feeder club.

This cannot be allowed to happen or club in the football league will be finished.

The next 24 hours for me will decide the outcome of the EFL as a viable league going forward. 

Edited by Hookowl