Jake Bidwell

17 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Totally get you. But I would go for quality in the hope it works out. 

What like it worked out for us in the past buying quality.

Must have our sensible heads on now if we think there's the possibility he may be a liability injury wise then dont risk it.

Would be a solid dependable signing. Bruce seems to be signing players he can trust and depend upon. Also looking at it, the majority of players being brought in as well as Iorfa, are players who can play in a couple of positions or on either side of the pitch. Which would help us over the course of a long season, with injuries or suspensions, to have different options and players who can cover or slot in elsewhere in the team. Bidwell like Moses, would be a steady and dependable player, that would strengthen us in a previously weak area.

All that said, is it definitely Bidwell or might it be someone else, such as Lazaar returning?

The squad is taking shape, with the free signings, the re-signed players. Hopefully we'll be able to wheel and deal, a few more out and bring in some extra quality in on loan. Still hope we can somehow engineer Hector's return. Getting a few more out and bringing in some quality loanees will be key, as well as keeping key players fit this time. But we can trust Bruce and it will be interesting to see what he can do with this squad and a few more quality players over a full season.

I wonder if those complaining about not just bidwell but other potential signings are doing it because of the club not the player.

Is it because he plays for QPR, the scrotum of London clubs? 

His stats don't lie; reliable, dependable, injury free, chips in. This is what a Wednesday player is. Not sure who is more available when weighing up risk/reward of investing

There's a lot to be said for a team of steady players who can grind out 1-0 wins week in, week out. It is one way to get promoted, granted it won't get the fans off their seats but it might get the job done.

1 minute ago, DesWalker said:

Very good signing. A back four of 

Odubajo Lees Hector Bidwell 

is very solid at this level. 

Fingers crossed we can manage to get Hector signed. 

The only problem is Hector doesn't play for us.

( Neither does Bidwell come to think about it but we will assume he's going to.)lol

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

When he played Lazaar looked a cut above both anybody we've got for that position & Bidwell.  

However given our financial situation do we pay a fee for Lazaar with only 17 matches in the last 3 seasons & obvious fitness issues or do we go for a reliable free agent like Bidwell with 122 Championship appearences & no injury history in the last 3 seasons.

Given our own past injury issues it has to be Bidwell infront of Lazaar for me.

A real pity about Lazaar - he looked real class to me.

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Yeah I mean when you look at what QPR fans said about him they all said he was solid, reliable, always available and always worked really hard. Attitude never in question. That's probably more important to this group of players we have considering we've had plenty that are never available and plenty that have the so called talent but decide where and when they switch it on. In theory Bidwell is the sort of player that would have got promoted and comfortably improved the pigs side last year. If you know what I mean. 

Always a bit of an unknown when looking at any player as to how they'll settle into new surroundings.

What I like about this (if it comes off) is he's stayed wherever he's been, at Brentford went on to being captain as well - leaders are what we're lacking on the pitch, an extra voice geeing players can never hurt.

He played well at Brentford has not hone in same way at QPR. The fact he has been released indicates he has not offered value  for money.

About 3 weeks ago was told Odubajo and Borner had signed and interest in Harris same person said was not aware of our interest in Bidwell. Not sure if  this info about him signing has come from reliable source. We do seem to be full backed out. With Odubajo, Palmer and Iorfa Tox and Penney we already have sufficient so would expect one  may leave. think Palmer and Penney will compete for left back spot. We have signed one centre half already and Bruce is still after Hector so Iorfa I do not think will be playing centre back. I can not see us playing wing backs as we have re signed Palmer and he is unsuited to wing back role.

Guest wilyfox
1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Chances created Bidwell 40, Fox 9

WTF:

The very reason that Odubajo & Bidwell are required. Tbh, between Pudil's first season and Iorfa's arrival we saw very little attacking quality from our full-backs.