Joao, FF and Rhodes Bruce wants rid

Forestieri hasn’t done the things that made him so admired for a long time now.

Wouldn't surprise me if Bruce sees him as a spent force, much like Rhodes.

Joao is a match winner at any level, but he’s at an age now where his inconsistency shouldn’t be as prominent in his performances as it is.

Edited by NeonLeon

10 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Joao is a match winner at any level, but he’s at an age now where his inconsistency shouldn’t be as prominent in his performances as it is.

You didn't see the sitter he missed for Portugal then.

WTF:

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Can go and will go are completely different things especially with our valuations of players.

If it’s true what’s reported (very much doubt it) then the 3’s heart won’t be in it much knowing they’re not wanted. 

41 minutes ago, NeonLeon said:

Forestieri hasn’t done the things that made him so admired for a long time now.

Wouldn't surprise me if Bruce sees him as a spent force, much like Rhodes.

Forestieri just back in the fold and shows what he can do v Norwich. 

That form under Bruce he could win games alone. 

Hope he stays 

• Like 1

I’ve said this before but all our strikers are out of contract this time next year or her than Joao. If we want to challenge this season our chances would be improved with the acquisition of a 20 goal

a season striker as you wouldn’t back one of our current forwards to do this. We either try to offload now and gain some wriggle room for improvement or stick with what we’ve got with the chance we’ll get more of the same. Given the choice I’m sure Bruce won’t let the grass grow under his feet.

42 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

How reliable is Nixon, he said in paper today Bruce would like Wednesday to lower asking price for joao Fernando and Rhodes so they can sell. 

Rhodes is near enough gone, FF - coming to end of contracts and Joao would generate some good cash. I like Bruce’s thinking and trust Nixon’s posts. Bruce will already have an eye on their replacements. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

We shouldn't be against sacrificing hardly anyone, especially at the right price or whilst we've got a manager like Bruce. This squad without some wheeling and dealing, isn't good enough to get promoted. Trust Bruce to wheel and deal, and to make us stronger and more effective as a team. Bruce is no mug, he knows how difficult it is to get promoted but also knows what it takes. Sacrificing players that might not suit Bruce's plans and replacing them with what we need and players that suit how Bruce wants to play. Will make us stronger. All teams sacrifice players at this level in order to stay financially secure and to bring in what they need. Bruce knows what he's doing.

Edited by The Night-Owl

Works for me.

3 players who combined played the equivalent of 2/3 of a season last year.

The FF circus needs to end. He barely plays, he’s not a striker, and he’s trouble.

Joao is a complete enigma. Scores at a great rate but is too often hopeless.

Rhodes didn’t hack it here or Norwich.

All three got bags of potential for us, but far more logical to offload and use that combined £100kpw on more reliable first-pick Bruce buys. 

3 players adding up to big wages and none of them are regular starters or play a lot of games a season so in reality if could swap them for a top striker who plays week in week out n bags goals and save on wages then prob a no brainer but wish Fessi could stay and do that job. Unplayable on his day 

12 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

3 players adding up to big wages and none of them are regular starters or play a lot of games a season so in reality if could swap them for a top striker who plays week in week out n bags goals and save on wages then prob a no brainer but wish Fessi could stay and do that job. Unplayable on his day 

He’s not a striker.

He doesn’t have many days these days.

1 hour ago, TINKERBELL said:

How reliable is Nixon, he said in paper today Bruce would like Wednesday to lower asking price for joao Fernando and Rhodes so they can sell. 

He seems to get a lot right but in terms of our strikers he has thrown that much out there that something is bound to stick given that most people agree with have too many.

Last season Bruce was so fearful of facing Forestieri that he stated Villa had worked all week on how to stop him when the fact was FF was suspended for that game! lol

Edited by Guest

53 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

We shouldn't be against sacrificing hardly anyone, especially at the right price or whilst we've got a manager like Bruce. This squad without some wheeling and dealing, isn't good enough to get promoted. Trust Bruce to wheel and deal, and to make us stronger and more effective as a team. Bruce is no mug, he knows how difficult it is to get promoted but also knows what it takes. Sacrificing players that might not suit Bruce's plans and replacing them with what we need and players that suit how Bruce wants to play. Will make us stronger. All teams sacrifice players at this level in order to stay financially secure and to bring in what they need. Bruce knows what he's doing.

Bannan and Reach are the only two players I would be proper gutted about if I found out we had sold them.

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Bannan and Reach are the only two players I would be proper gutted about if I found out we had sold them.

Westwood and Bannan for me because they're our most important, most consistent and key players to our chances. We tend to struggle without either one of them. I wouldn't be against sacrificing anyone else apart from those two but even if we had too, I would still trust Bruce.

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Like 1