Joao, FF and Rhodes Bruce wants rid

Irrespective of the reliability of the article, it strikes me as the kind of decision that needs to be made. No player is bigger than the club and all three fit the bill of "bags of ability, but too inconsistent". We've hung on to all three but not one of them has scored more than 20 goals in a single season. FF & Joao have had great moments for us in front of goal, but they drive us all mad. Rhodes is just a disastrous signing.

Even before his hairdryer moments, Ferguson was prepared to let crowd favourites go. I suspect Bruce has learnt a bundle from that. If the aim is promotion, we need players who are going to perform consistently and avoid lengthy spells on the treatment slab.

Jordan Rhodes will be next season’s surprise success. We’ve now got a manager who will set up to his strengths. The man’s already proven that if you give him the supply, he will get you the goals. HUGE mistake if we ship him out,

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Irrespective of the reliability of the article, it strikes me as the kind of decision that needs to be made. No player is bigger than the club and all three fit the bill of "bags of ability, but too inconsistent". We've hung on to all three but not one of them has scored more than 20 goals in a single season. FF & Joao have had great moments for us in front of goal, but they drive us all mad. Rhodes is just a disastrous signing.

Even before his hairdryer moments, Ferguson was prepared to let crowd favourites go. I suspect Bruce has learnt a bundle from that. If the aim is promotion, we need players who are going to perform consistently and avoid lengthy spells on the treatment slab.

If like Fergie, he brings in better, then fair enough. If he replaces them with players of limited ability, but who run around a lot, then we’ll be heading in the wrong direction

Edited by gurujuan
  • Haha 1

Who knows what’s in store - out of the 3 I would move Rhodes on (even though I was a big fan before he arrived), Bruce is in the best place to make the decision but it must depend on if we can get enough payback to replace with better.

1 minute ago, Dizzys Dad said:

Jordan Rhodes will be next season’s surprise success. We’ve now got a manager who will set up to his strengths. The man’s already proven that if you give him the supply, he will get you the goals. HUGE mistake if we ship him out,

Even though I’ve just said what I’ve said... I would love you to be right lol

Just now, Dizzys Dad said:

If we ship him out then it will be on Bruce's say so because he doesn't want to keep him. So kind of makes what you say a little redundant really.

Just now, ozzieowl said:

So if Hooper gone, Rhodes, Fessi, Joao can go plus Winnall doesn’t seem in SB’s plans and rumoured Nuhiu can go that just leaves us Fletch.

doubt very much he would break team up that much. 

Can go and will go are completely different things especially with our valuations of players.

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

If like Fergie, he brings in better, then fair enough. If he replaces them with players of limited ability, but who run around a lot, then we’ll be heading in the wrong direction

There's no reason to think he won't bring in better. And Joao and FF are to stay, I'm not sure SB would be able to improve them - would they buy into him or just remain enigmas.

5 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

So if Hooper gone, Rhodes, Fessi, Joao can go plus Winnall doesn’t seem in SB’s plans and rumoured Nuhiu can go that just leaves us Fletch.

doubt very much he would break team up that much. 

I think he will break the team up. Sounds like he's here for the long haul.

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

Tbf with most of the poo @mycroft posts it’s probably him who runs the hitc site. It does add up

Post, not poster. Unless he runs hitc. Then fair game