First three close to agreeing deals

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

So don't read the thread if you're so sensitive on the matter.   Or put up such a good argument for his inclusion that it debunks any criticism of him as a player.   

Put up an argument . 

Take yr  pick of any thread titled Palmer from the last three seasons.

Replying to you trolls is pointless as you will never stop but defending Wednesday players is not what people come on here for.

We come on here to support them.

If you wanna slag of Wednesday players go on bladesmad 

****** troll.

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

We all have reasonable grounds for wanting better in every position....Its the only way we will progress...but you can't do it all at once....

Palmer is more than adequate at right back or left back...or even either side of midfield....Yea..We need better...

We always will...in most positions

I agree we need better all over, one step at a time but I believe that we need to improve the Right and Left back positions as a matter of urgency.   Adequate is poor level to be satisfied with.  

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

I agree we need better all over, one step at a time but I believe that we need to improve the Right and Left back positions as a matter of urgency.   Adequate is poor level to be satisfied with.  

Yep we do....funnily enough even with improving both...Palmer can cover both...Whats the point of getting rid of such a utility player...Unless of course You want to buy 2 left backs and 2 right backs..

Which even if you are  on the wind up..is f.ookin' senseless

He’s not just adequate, the lad was one of our stand out performers second half of the season 

Absolutely had other championship sides after him

4 minutes ago, A12owl said:

You have to consider where Lees and Iorfa goals come from. Usually corners or attacking free kicks.

Where is Palmer when these are taken?

On the halfway line doing defending duties. He ain't likely to score is he?

Iorfa was playing the same position as Palmer.

Palmer's assist stats are what concern me, he just doesn't have the ability to get into the right areas or deliver any kind of cross to our strikers. There is a reason we have issues with strikers not scoring goals and one of those issues is the lack of supply from either wing.

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

Put up an argument . 

Take yr  pick of any thread titled Palmer from the last three seasons.

Replying to you trolls is pointless as you will never stop but defending Wednesday players is not what people come on here for.

We come on here to support them.

If you wanna slag of Wednesday players go on bladesmad 

****** troll.

I'm one of the biggest defenders of Wednesday and I'm often criticised for being too loyal to the cause and have indeed defended Palmer on occasions but for me, he is one of the weak links in the team and we need better. 

OT is for expressing one's opinion on the ongoing's at the club and so long as one gives constructive criticism then I see that as a legitimate way of expressing yourself. 

I look forward to your reasoned argument defending Palmer. 

• Haha 1

Just now, A12owl said:

You have to consider where Lees and Iorfa goals come from. Usually corners or attacking free kicks.

Where is Palmer when these are taken?

On the halfway line doing defending duties. He ain't likely to score is he?

Palmer has been in excellent positions on numerous occasions when he has made a strong run down the right but the end product has been sadly lacking.

He lacks composure whenever he gets in or near the penalty area. As for his shooting, it's dreadful.

Edited by Beauchief Owl

12 minutes ago, Minton said:

Totally agree with Mycroft. I've been fairly vocal about Palmer and his lack of attacking quality and still stand by it. His versatility makes him a useful squad player, but 1 goal and 10 assists in 271 appearances isn't good enough for modern attacking football.

To put it into context, Tom Lees has 16 goals and 12 assists as a centre back and Iorfa has more goals and assists in the 12 games he's played than Liam Palmer has in 5 years...

There's suggesting that Palmer leaves much to be desired as an attacking outlet, which is fair enough...and there's suggesting that no other Championship club would be interested in signing him, which is just baseless vitriol aimed at a player who was one of our better performers since the new management team arrived, and is what sadly derailed this thread on the first reply.

10 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Yep we do....funnily enough even with improving both...Palmer can cover both...Whats the point of getting rid of such a utility player...Unless of course You want to buy 2 left backs and 2 right backs..

Which even if you are  on the wind up..is f.ookin' senseless

I've said I'm happy for him to be a squad player but if want to progress then he can't be a regular in the side.  Unless he progresses further. 

Guest gizowl

Palmer could only be a bit part player next season if rumours are true about incoming players, but to have him on the bench knowing he can cover both fullback positions and even anchor midfield and play in Cup games, I'd call that been an ideal squad player. 

From what I watched last season, Palmer was second only to Hector, as our most dependable player. I can’t claim to have seen every game, but the regular “player ratings-man of the match” threads, would seem to back that up

9 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I've said I'm happy for him to be a squad player but if want to progress then he can't be a regular in the side.  Unless he progresses further. 

The thread title is about agreeing deals mate

What would you do first...?..Let him go..then hope to sign better?

You said 

"No end product"

He's a good defender...his game is to STOP the opposition..

Its fair enough to want better...Its pointless not to...

You just took it as opportunity to simply slate him...for not doing..something he's not really there to do

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

The thread title is about agreeing deals mate

What would you do first...?..Let him go..then hope to sign better?

You said 

"No end product"

He's a good defender...his game is to STOP the opposition..

Its fair enough to want better...Its pointless not to...

You just took it as opportunity to simply slate him...for not doing..something he's not really there to do

But he *is* there to do that, part of a full-back's role is to support the attack, put in crosses and create chances. Liam Palmer does neither of those things and at 27 with nearly 300 games under his belt, I find it unlikely that he will ever be able to do that.