First three close to agreeing deals

Guest Ash76
35 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

He has no end product

You're right, release him and get the 2 Liverpool full backs in

Idiot

41 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

He has no end product

Neither has Westwood but I’d still sign him up.....

I didn’t rate Palmer but he’s come on leaps and bounds. He’s a current international based on his performances over the last season. No brainer to sign him up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tudders said:

Neither has Westwood but I’d still sign him up.....

I didn’t rate Palmer but he’s come on leaps and bounds. He’s a current international based on his performances over the last season. No brainer to sign him up.

Happy to sign him up but not as first choice.  He did come on in leaps and bounds and would now rate him an average Championship defender.  If we want to progress we need better quality.  

I have reasonable grounds for why I think we need better than Palmer, I have nothing against the guy from what I hear he's a decent bloke and I believe that he gives his best for the club.

If you think he's a decent player then fair enough but just because someone disagrees with your judgement of a player doesn't make them a troll.

9 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I have reasonable grounds for why I think we need better than Palmer, I have nothing against the guy from what I hear he's a decent bloke and I believe that he gives his best for the club.

If you think he's a decent player then fair enough but just because someone disagrees with your judgement of a player doesn't make them a troll.

Any thread that mentions Liam Palmer invariably has one of you jumping in and relentlessly posting about how bad he is such that the thread becomes about only that . 

Its been done to death on here and not only that his performances are in direct contradiction to it.

Yet nothing seems to change. Repetitive. Unimaginative. Boring. Designed to provoke a reaction. 

That's why I see it as trolling.

Edited by Beholder

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Any thread that mentions Liam Palmer invariably has one of you jumping in and relentlessly posting about how bad he is such that the thread becomes about only that . 

Its been done to death on here and not only by hat his performances are in direct contradiction to it.

Yet nothing seems to change. Repetitive. Unimaginative. Boring. Designed to provoke a reaction. 

That's why I see it as trolling.

So don't read the thread if you're so sensitive on the matter.   Or put up such a good argument for his inclusion that it debunks any criticism of him as a player.   

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Nah...unless you count actually defending and stopping other teams scoring...theres no point in playing him Mycroft ..is there...

why bother with defenders I say..

I can remember at least 2 last ditch goal line clearances last season...as good as a goal for 

His job is a defender rather he did that than be 80 ydrs up the pitch leaving holes. We have midfielders etc to start the play. Ok not the best but all teams need the steady reliable players.

13 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

We all have reasonable grounds for wanting better in every position....Its the only way we will progress...but you can't do it all at once....

Palmer is more than adequate at right back or left back...or even either side of midfield....Yea..We need better...

We always will...in most positions

Guest gizowl
1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He'd be a decent squad player for most Championship clubs, and considering his form in the back half of last season, he'd be a starter for most lower half teams.

I never understand the scramble to criticise or dismiss our own players from some Wednesday fans.

Agree mate, another thread on the site their on Nuhuis back, sad, think we're supposed to be SUPPORTERS. 

Totally agree with Mycroft. I've been fairly vocal about Palmer and his lack of attacking quality and still stand by it. His versatility makes him a useful squad player, but 1 goal and 10 assists in 271 appearances isn't good enough for modern attacking football.

To put it into context, Tom Lees has 16 goals and 12 assists as a centre back and Iorfa has more goals and assists in the 12 games he's played than Liam Palmer has in 5 years...