Thank you Gary Hooper

9 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

He should have been kept on . He is now injury free and was our best striker by a mile . But the main reason is I like him and his song !! . Hope he gets sorted he is quality. 

He should not have been kept on . He’s been knackered since he joined . To put it into perspective ‘super hooper’ scored as many for us in his entire career here as fat boy sharpe did for them last season, en route to promotion. I really hope this is the end of carrying dead wood . We might actually achieve then 

• Like 1

Certainly won’t be missed by me. 

A corner shop version of Ozil. Technically a cut above his peers but everything else that goes into being a sportsman is way way way below standard. 

Sharp doesn’t have a tenth of his ability but will go down as a legend across the road, Hooper has a bigger bank balance which I suspect he much prefers. 

Time to move on from these overpaid wasters 

35 minutes ago, vulva said:

Far from it. Just don’t suffer fools. 

You carry on clapping £40k per week mid table mediocrity. 

You seem obsessed by the £40k per week figure. What's it to do with you what someone earns. And please don't repeat that everyone is paying £41 per game...you know that's horseshiit. If it bothers you so much now you will probably burst a blood vessel if we ever get into the PL with their wage structures, so do yourself a favour and follow a different sport.

4 hours ago, james o connor said:

He should not have been kept on . He’s been knackered since he joined . To put it into perspective ‘super hooper’ scored as many for us in his entire career here as fat boy sharpe did for them last season, en route to promotion. I really hope this is the end of carrying dead wood . We might actually achieve then 

Say what you like it’s your opinion, we obviously differ on what we like to see on the football pitch . 

3 hours ago, Hougoumont said:

You seem obsessed by the £40k per week figure. What's it to do with you what someone earns. And please don't repeat that everyone is paying £41 per game...you know that's horseshiit. If it bothers you so much now you will probably burst a blood vessel if we ever get into the PL with their wage structures, so do yourself a favour and follow a different sport.

It’s you that appears to be bursting a blood vessel. And i’d have no problem paying Premier League wages in the Premier League. 

Hope that helps. 

On 05/05/2019 at 18:58, Mr. Tom said:

Don't think I've ever seen another player at Wednesday whose footballing brain was so clearly their strongest asset. Incredibly intelligent player. Very often felt like a real connoisseur's pleasure to watch him when fit, if that makes any sense - there was a higher level you could appreciate him on.

Flipside is that if he'd EVER been as fit and mobile as he should be at his age, he'd have absolutely minced this division. Frustrating times for all, I'd imagine. Thank you though GH, you gave us a great deal of very deep joy in the annoyingly reduced amount of pitch time you had.

FFS, when did Zidane play for us?

Guest Ash76
On 02/06/2019 at 11:30, fred mciver said:

Sorry but Hooper went right down for me joking about his massive wages - for sitting on sofa - to an Owl on holiday recently.

23 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I saw the comment and honestly who cares. Hooper and the lads in the photo having a good time on holiday and someone wants to pipe up bringing their earnings into it. What's the point. 

23 hours ago, unkastav said:

I suspect hoops was taking the mick, just like we do with wilderpigs obsession with our players earnings

What happened? Anymore to the story than this?

2 hours ago, Ash76 said:

What happened? Anymore to the story than this?

Someone commented on one of his pictures “over 200k in one pic”

Hoops response - “and the rest”

not really sure what the deal is, ultimately he’s stating a fact 

On 07/05/2019 at 01:43, Orlando_Trustful said:

Great player at times, but sadly the times were far too infrequent.

I remember when we beat Cardiff late on in the 15/16 season and his performance was incredible. I thought he was the sort of player who would fire us to promotion eventually. Had he been fit for the 16/17 playoffs we would have beaten Huddersfield and Reading. 

Where was he vs Hull?