Just watched...

9 minutes ago, scram said:

Gotta laugh about people moaning about a few seconds here and there but completely ignoring Fletcher chucking the ball into the net for our second goal...

This ^^^...

From the refereeing viewpoint, two bad decisions which in this case balance each other out. Fletcher handled the ball and the ref added time needlessly for a free kick that shouldn't have been. The final score should have been one-one but Had that been the case, I think that the game wouldn't have been half as good.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, scram said:

Gotta laugh about people moaning about a few seconds here and there but completely ignoring Fletcher chucking the ball into the net for our second goal...

And for those that aren't ignoring that but are moaning about the inconsistency of refereeing when it comes to time keeping?

Had the ref - correctly - not given Fletcher's goal for handball, would he have had a different measuring system for how much time he was going to add on?

Bad reffing that we're expected will just even itself out either over the course of a season (or as a small mercy within a single game) isn't good enough.

How much time to add on ought to be one of the easiest jobs the ref has. And there's no reason that if you take 100 refs out of 100 they shouldn't all come to the same conclusion about how much time to add on.

Adjudicating over whether contact was made when you're twenty yards away - for that they have my sympathy for a thankless task, for which I'm genuinely amazed they seem to get right far more often than they get wrong - but time-keeping is basic stuff, and the only issue is whether to decide a team is deliberately running the clock down.

19 hours ago, Owly Mowly said:

Also about the ball placement for the kick. 

Foul was in the D, but he moved the ball back 5 yards to allow room to get this ball up and down (as he practices in training as he said in his post match interview).

No way would he have been able to do that from closer in 

i noticed that as well. In this case the positioning of the free kick was crucial, but the ref turned a blind eye. 

Guest mkowl

The simplest solution like in rugby league would be to have independent time keepers. The official clock is shown on a screen. It is stopped for injuries and substitutions. If there is time wasting it is a mandatory 30 seconds added on the first time, 60 seconds etc etc. 

Time is up on 90 minutes but the game continues until the ball is next out of play

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, East Yorks Owl said:

i noticed that as well. In this case the positioning of the free kick was crucial, but the ref turned a blind eye. 

Wednesday players would probably have pointed it out but would rarely do this to bring it closer to goal. 

22 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Wednesday players would probably have pointed it out but would rarely do this to bring it closer to goal. 

Agreed, but in this case it probably would have made the free kick much harder to get up and down. Similarly the ref no doubt felt quite relaxed about the Norwich player taking the free kick further back.

Guest Bulgaria

i think the thing that rankles more than anything is the fact we would still have had a mathematical chance of the playoffs if we had held on for the win.

If we were mid table, i doubt many, including me would have been too bothered.

It was just nice to see us playing well and creating chances. 

9 hours ago, A12owl said:

If Joao had kept the ball in the corner on 93m 34s then the rest would never have happened. 

Naive from Joao. 

If Nuhiu had been in his position then no Norwich player would have got near the ball in the corner. 

Just read the report from the Under  18's game and I think a few senior players could learn from them

'And from there, Wednesday were content to keep possession, winning a string of corners on the far side to run down the clock, 

Just got back home from game and I'm still angry about all time added on, should have been 3 mins injury time max 4mins, no way 5 and the extra time added on after 5 was ridiculous. 

I think the ref would have carried on till midnight if they hadn't scored.

On 20/04/2019 at 11:31, Mycroft said:

Win some, lose some.

Moan when it goes against us, justify the added time when it goes for us.

Human nature. 

In a strange way I won and lost. After 5

mins I thought to myself how open a game it was so had a 2-2 bet.

D3ED2DA3-4CB2-401C-B1B8-E09C8B464DAF.png

Edited by Junk Smuggler