George Boyd

Covered every blade of grass tonight, has his limitations but he put a cracking shift in fair play to him. Bruce has made him look a much better player. Will do a job for someone at the lower end of this division next season, can’t see him getting a contract here. Played George 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Playing as one of the three in the second half has played to his strengths in terms of his huge stamina.

I was critical of him first half, not for his effort but just a case of not getting to where he should have been or needed to be quick enough. Improved a lot second half in this respect.

I'm not sure he'll be around next year. Wrong side of 30 and on decent wedge.

But I'll always give credit where it's due. I think he's put a terrific shift in tonight.

And the manager has been astute in the way he shuffled it to make it easier for George and Joey and the team.

6 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

I think Bruce will offer him another year. He's worked with him before. He trusts him 

To be fair if he did it wouldn’t be the worse news - granted he keeps up the level of performances he’s been putting in under Bruce 

Has played a lot in a team who since February are 5/6th in the form table 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Honestly feel, our squad is being the most looked at by other clubs.

We have a large squad - which even now I don’t know what to make of half the time. We need it chopping down with a more focused transfer policy from now on. 

(Also meaning someone might want someone we have - and have a chance of getting them) 

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

We have a large squad - which even now I don’t know what to make of half the time. We need it chopping down with a more focused transfer policy from now on. 

(Also meaning someone might want someone we have - and have a chance of getting them) 

Squad chops itself down though. 11 or 12 out of contract, 4 loanees returning to their clubs.

Imagine still needing to sell, in order to buy after losing 16 players lol

9 hours ago, swfcjack27 said:

Covered every blade of grass tonight, has his limitations but he put a cracking shift in fair play to him. Bruce has made him look a much better player. Will do a job for someone at the lower end of this division next season, can’t see him getting a contract here. Played George 

Better game. Still needs to go, hasn’t given enough in his time with us.