Team news for Villa

8 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I would pick this side even if Aarons is fit. 

We need wins. Forestieri is an immense threat out wide, and if he is on his game he is better than Aarons.

But Bruce has said he sees him as a striker. 

If he starts Hooper and Fletcher up top we stand a great chance. Far and away our best Attack.

I agree.. with a caveat..in that particular lineup..Hector must step out when he's able.

We look vulnerable without that reinforcement in midfield.

We need an extra body in there who's hard tackling... but I totally see the sense in taking the game to them.

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I agree.. with a caveat..in that particular lineup..Hector must step out when he's able.

We look vulnerable without that reinforcement in midfield.

We need an extra body in there who's hard tackling... but I totally see the sense in taking the game to them.

This is the worry.

We were totally outplayed/ outnumbered in central midfield last week which is one reason the possession stats were so awful.

Villa will play either Whelan or Hourahane plus Grealish and McGinn in there tomorrow and if we give them room they are good enough players to win the game.

I don’t expect Bruce to change our formation, we play the way we play and hopefully we will take the game to them. The back four need to play a high line to compress midfield and our wide players need to have good games.

10 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

This is the worry.

We were totally outplayed/ outnumbered in central midfield last week which is one reason the possession stats were so awful.

Villa will play either Whelan or Hourahane plus Grealish and McGinn in there tomorrow and if we give them room they are good enough players to win the game.

I don’t expect Bruce to change our formation, we play the way we play and hopefully we will take the game to them. The back four need to play a high line to compress midfield and our wide players need to have good games.

I had half a thought to play Joey man to man on Grealish to stop their forward movement... but I think it would just keep us in our own half again.

High press and be positive about what we offer up top...

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Westwood 

Iorfa

Lees

Hector

Palmer

Reach

Hutchinson

Bannan

Forestieri

Hooper

Fletcher

Subs: Dawson, Fox, Pelupessy, Boyd, Winnall, Nuhiu, Matias 

Assuming that Onomah, Joao, Lazaar and Aarons are not wuite ready. If they are, Aarons in team instead of FF and the others on the bench.

5 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Exactly , why would it be nice to waste a spot on the bench for a pointless crock ? 

As for today , hopefully fletcher back in with Aarons . Sod forestieri , spent force 

What do you think.

Hutchinson still a crock?  

11 hours ago, Beholder said:

I'd love if it was for us.

One year each for hooper and Lee makes sense to me if they can sustain a bit of fitness off the next two months.

They are too good to just let go of .

If it's going to happen, obviously I want it to be in a Wednesday shirt. However, if he ends up elsewhere, I'll still be rooting for him as he's been a great player and a consummate professional during his seven seasons here. 

When you think of all the money we've squandered in recent seasons, and our best player signed on a free from Oldham...

I think today is the day we get found out for what we are. Fairly average side on a very good run, with an injury prone squad desperate for a clear out. Sincerely hope i’m wrong, but we just aren’t good enough and thus recent run has covered over the cracks at a club which had a very long rebuilding job in front of it. 

12 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'd absolutely love it if Kieran Lee could come back and play regular football again, whether that's for us or somebody else.

He's such an effortlessly gifted footballer, and it's a massive shame that injury has robbed him of several of the prime years of an already short career.

He is being prepared to play the oinkers in the play off final. 90’th minute winner - you read it here. lol

• Haha 1