FORTY ! Years to the day

Reyt bargain! One of those players who electrified the crowd when he picked up the ball. That goal at the sty was incredible really cos he had no right to score from where he set off. Wee Willie Henderson was the same type of player, but alas as blind as a bat, so he would quite often dribble it up to his own goal, realise he was at the wrong end, then dribble it back again.

Entertaining...but not the same end product as TC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

TC was a real hero of the late 70's early 80's , proper talisman and good player , he dropped down from the old 1st Division with Southampton to join us in the 3rd Division and was the best player in that league by a country mile.

The goal at the lane was live long in my memory and was shown on match of the day , back then they only had 2 games on as highlights so it was fantastic we could see that goal again that night 

• Like 2

Wasn’t it when Jack switched him from the wing to a more central role that he had that electrifying spell where he was totally unplayable?

I was in the stand at the Lane that day and was right behind it when the ball left his foot and you could see it bending in. That goal and Hirstys and Tudgays are the best we’ve ever scored against them at their place.

A genuine cult hero who came after a period when we’d had precious little to get excited about 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, dunsbyowl said:

Both heroes!

253921795.jpg.d81bb698fccc497f83dcdcf648ffd0f5.jpg

I’ve never heard anybody say a bad word about Andy Mac.

He was amongst everyone’s favourite players from that era.

Just looked on Wiki to see what happened to him after he left us and apparently he ended up at Palace.

He comments that the most emotional thing that happened to him in football was returning to Hillsborough with Palace and getting a standing ovation from the whole ground. 

Top man

14 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

I’ve never heard anybody say a bad word about Andy Mac.

He was amongst everyone’s favourite players from that era.

Just looked on Wiki to see what happened to him after he left us and apparently he ended up at Palace.

He comments that the most emotional thing that happened to him in football was returning to Hillsborough with Palace and getting a standing ovation from the whole ground. 

Top man

Met him at the 150th celebration. Top man. 

• Like 1

I read somewhere that Big Jack was talking to Lawrie Mcmenemy at a dinner regarding signing one of his players (I think it was Ted McDougal). Anyway, Jack being Jack and getting his wires crossed, he ended up signing TC instead. Not sure if that's true but you could believe it knowing how Jack was. Certainly worked in our favour with the massive impact TC had on the club. We still toast him before every home game!

• Like 1