FORTY ! Years to the day

Larger than life character who as well as undoubted talent came with a swagger which the team needed and perhaps more importantly we the fans needed. Was a shame how it ended but that he’s still an hero to us all says everything you need to know about him 

On 29/03/2019 at 09:33, dunsbyowl said:

Big Jack snapped of one of the most entertaining players I have seen in the famous Blue & White.

1366321607_currana.jpeg.8cd21268e9fd18dae94ec162b35bba24.jpeg

Best £100,000 I've seen spent by the Wednesday worth it for Boxing Day and that stunner at the Lane and a wonderful contribution to the 1979/80 promotion campaign and return to the second divsision. What a star Terry Curran.

TC.jpeg.f32bd681e00589bbb13b80867b259387.jpeg

Curran.jpeg.e966bd5cdd3b5a134d40169fc40fcc7f.jpeg

D20F5l1X4AAN6Bw.thumb.jpg.c941629f63e50e2b1b7f9a0a0a8c2b05.jpg

D20F3lbWkAAhgn6.thumb.jpg.4385d811bbc9d1f4cb532476c9dfb9fc.jpg

My 1st Wednesday hero, remember having his poster on my bedroom wall, despite his following misdemeanour (which he admits was a massive mistake) and despite seeing better players for us in the 90's still my biggest Wednesday Hero. (That blemish forgiven)

I think when they get you at 9 or 10 years old, they stay with you forever.

What times they were, he was already my idol but in scoring in the hammering of our neighbours (who were going to hammer us), then the magnificent goal in the return game and then also in my 1st visit to Bramhall Lane in the Lc the following year he really sealed the deal.

TC Legend.

Sure I remember him either sitting on the ball or playing keepy uppy in the corner of a match (Blackburn or Grimsby?) 

Can anyone else remember/confirm this or has my imagination made it up?

his first 2 full seasons there wasn't many(if any) better than him at the level we were at …….I think as big jack improved the team with players like banno,megson,shelton and the continued improvement of youngsters like smith ,shirty, sterland  that curran wasn't quite the superstar anymore and got pushed out the limelight …….good player fondly remembered who played a big part in our comeback from the wilderness .