Quentin Beunardeau

Westwood has made a big impact since he (and Hutch) returned to the first team, with his organising of the defence around him. He is a great keeper because of the confidence he gives others, think we’ve all played in teams where the keepers been a bit dodgy and it affects the decisions you make on the pitch because you don’t trust the keeper to get it right. Westwood has his faults too, like Dawson and Wildsmith, but he has a shed load of experience and kudos with the other players. Think the other two younger lads should have some time on loan to get the week in, week out experience of playing in front of a crowd and learning how to dominate their area. Can’t see Westwood wanting to leave, although we don’t know how he feels regarding his treatment earlier in the season.

It’s odd really, how England used to produce world class keepers but is struggling at the moment with the likes of Pickford, Hart etc who often seem less than reliable.

2 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Sorry to upset folks but Dawson isn’t good enough...wildsmith needs a decent loan spell. 

They are kids a proper keepers in well into his 20's before he becomes first choice. There is very few that broke into the team in their early years and then didn't go on to make mistakes.

If we are able to loan both out next season for half a season each it will improve their development playing a decent standard week in week out.

11 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Westwood has made a big impact since he (and Hutch) returned to the first team, with his organising of the defence around him. He is a great keeper because of the confidence he gives others, think we’ve all played in teams where the keepers been a bit dodgy and it affects the decisions you make on the pitch because you don’t trust the keeper to get it right. Westwood has his faults too, like Dawson and Wildsmith, but he has a shed load of experience and kudos with the other players. Think the other two younger lads should have some time on loan to get the week in, week out experience of playing in front of a crowd and learning how to dominate their area. Can’t see Westwood wanting to leave, although we don’t know how he feels regarding his treatment earlier in the season.

It’s odd really, how England used to produce world class keepers but is struggling at the moment with the likes of Pickford, Hart etc who often seem less than reliable.

The simple fact of it is the premier league is killing football.

World class keepers played week in week out at the top of the premier league but teams like Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool only buy cheap from abroad now and over the last 15 years have destroyed England, its no surprise that of the team that got to the semi finals of the cup, more than half of them had played some of their career in the championship either or loan or permanently.

Until there is a mind switch nothing will change. 

11 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I state my opinion on footballing matters as purely that it carries no weight.  Whereas you state that a  player isn't good enough as if your opinion does carry weight.  A big difference.

30724598_Nod2.gif.eff6e62c4458e7569c4572527fa0f799.gif

2 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Sorry to upset folks but Dawson isn’t good enough...wildsmith needs a decent loan spell. 

On 17/03/2019 at 09:58, Mycroft said:

It's not sly, he's not good enough for where we want to go.  Need better. He put in a decent performance yesterday but he can't maintain that level that's his problem. 

:duntmatter:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

My posts on footballing matters should be read with the assumption I know pet shop all.    

(Nearly always right though) lol 

I'm an equal opportunities Owlstalker: I read everybody's posts under the assumption they haven't got a bloody clue what they're waffling on about.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mycroft said:

I state my opinion on footballing matters as purely that it carries no weight.  Whereas you state that a  player isn't good enough as if your opinion does carry weight.  A big difference. 

Would you personally advise a young professional player to give up football based on your opinion?   I wouldn't be confident in my footballing knowledge enough to give such advice. 

Haha...how to twist words by Mycroft.

On 28/03/2019 at 11:18, Lord Snooty said:

Beunardeau eh. Yeah, I know the guy. Used to work vice and narcotics down Ventura .IAD were tailing him for 8 months but some loose lips must have whispered. Last I heard he bucked for the border and holed up in Calete. 

I heard he was living in a squat down shoreham street with 6 other crackheads and Bleadesman culture is already claiming he is one of their own.WTF:

On 28/03/2019 at 11:18, Lord Snooty said:

Beunardeau eh. Yeah, I know the guy. Used to work vice and narcotics down Ventura .IAD were tailing him for 8 months but some loose lips must have whispered. Last I heard he bucked for the border and holed up in Calete. 

More likely a distant relative of the good Dr. Beunardeau...used to run a shed load of orphanages back when I was a youfft.

12 hours ago, room0035 said:

The simple fact of it is the premier league is killing football.

World class keepers played week in week out at the top of the premier league but teams like Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool only buy cheap from abroad now and over the last 15 years have destroyed England, its no surprise that of the team that got to the semi finals of the cup, more than half of them had played some of their career in the championship either or loan or permanently.

Until there is a mind switch nothing will change. 

Cheap from abroad..typo?