Planning Application Made For Wednesdayite Car Park

39 minutes ago, vulva said:

A decent sports bar will impact the clubs beer and food sales. Wednesday tap is a very good idea, but it isn’t big enough and the no kids policy pre match makes no sense

If I was king I would make the megastore a proper size Wednesday Tap, and move the store to the tap. The store has soon much wasted space it's daft, and if we are exploring avenues like merch going out via meadow hall etc, a proper Tap would be awesome.

Parking at Hillsborough is soon going to be impossible.  Once that has gone I dread to think what it's going to be like.  I already arrive 90 minutes before the game and park over a mile away just to get a space (and even then it's sometimes tight).  With the Wednesdayite carpark going and no new alternatives it's going to be manic, particularly for night games!

Just not bothered...

2 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Parking at Hillsborough is soon going to be impossible.  Once that has gone I dread to think what it's going to be like.  I already arrive 90 minutes before the game and park over a mile away just to get a space (and even then it's sometimes tight).  With the Wednesdayite carpark going and no new alternatives it's going to be manic, particularly for night games!

absolutely  its the only reason i would even think about leaving hillsborough 

I think the only answer is extending the parking area inside Hillsborough park  need the council on board  good luck with that 

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

absolutely  its the only reason i would even think about leaving hillsborough 

I think the only answer is extending the parking area inside Hillsborough park  need the council on board  good luck with that 

Is the training ground car park allocated for matchday parking ? 

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Is the training ground car park allocated for matchday parking ? 

dont know tbh mate never go up that way  I park at walkley      wouldn't dream pf parking on herries it's obvious is a blunt nutter doing the cars every home game 

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Jaguar estates who own the land have submitted a planning application to build retail units, restaurants, and other various units on the land used by Wednesdayite

https://planningapps.sheffield.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=PKYV3ONYMDJ00

Jaguar are doing quiet a bit in S6 at the moment. Old folks home getting made into flats.

15 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

I live under 1 mile from the ground, Google Maps says 0.8   Never does match day parking reach my house, never would it be hard to find a parking spot.

• Thanks 1

Guest Manwithastick

Know a couple of elderly ST holders and one disabled ST holder who have said once the carpark is gone that'll be the end of their ST's:sad:

It might impact mine and the boys - I cannot get to the ground 90 minutes in advance. We never get there more than 30 minutes before kick off. Without 

an alternative within a 10 minute walk we'll be struggling. Add that to the number we miss already because of business commitments and this season 

might have to be our last ST. 

42 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

surprised they've got the go-ahead considering the road network round that area is already shocking at peak times.

1094581816_HandPalm.jpg.35d1afb3a1513e9551bdc578bc9b17dc.jpg                                            Grease.jpg.45885610b064cd476b5a321d57a44c20.jpg

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

I live under 1 mile from the ground, Google Maps says 0.8   Never does match day parking reach my house, never would it be hard to find a parking spot.

I arrive 30 mins before and always get within a 5-10 min walk, tops. That's Middlewood end.

53 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

surprised they've got the go-ahead considering the road network round that area is already shocking at peak times.

The council planners either don’t care or don’t have the power anymore.

every decision they make in that area of the city disregards the traffic implications.

Traffic can be horrendous at weekends as well where the roundabout used to be.

already too many retail units and supermarkets round here.

20 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Same here mate,  You can walk 5 mins up Wadsley Lane and it;s like a ghost town,

2 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Same here mate,  You can walk 5 mins up Wadsley Lane and it;s like a ghost town,

The only downside to my location is, it's top of Oakland which would rule out any older people making that steep climb, but 100% there are possibilities people don't look for parking spots.

12 minutes ago, steelowl said:

is the niagra police ground still for sale?

Heard this rumour about Wednesday getting it since before the Lee Strafford days, it's never happened though, with the bridge over the Don to the training ground.

Think it's all been made up to be honest.

Edit:  I think I heard this from you once personally also at a Fans Forum or some other get together of fans during the time before Mandaric arrived.

Edited by Salmonbones