Planning Application Made For Wednesdayite Car Park

11 hours ago, teddybeararmy said:

You would think a rich successful business man with a forward thinking plan for his football club, would make every effort to purchase available land in close proximity to his stadium.:ph34r:

Unless that businessman was going to move his business to new premises:ph34r:

Guest mkowl
3 hours ago, mike84 said:

23 days per year there will be a game at Hillsborough which will boost trade and have virtually 0 impact on traffic barring the loss of existing parking spaces. 

This development is almost exactly they type of projects that are being pushed for brownfield sites or hosting developments so planning will almost certainly be granted.  Looking at the proposal is doesn't go against any planning rules set by the government.

So they should be told they can't trade for 23 days when there are games and let fans have the parking spaces 

1 hour ago, farlego said:

You might be correct, but surely owning a parcel of land directly adjacent to the the land the ground sits on would not only increase its value but also possibly allow for different types of development.

We definitely missed a trick not buying the wednesdayite car park. We could have used it to house a new club shop, club pub ,restaurant other income boosting outlets perhaps letting retail space to other businesses while retaining valuable car parking spaces . It would also have given more scope for redevelopment of the stadium. I feel we are falling further behind other clubs who are updating their stadiums and facilities, forest are the latest why aren’t we at least looking at a new west stand it would probably increase capacity above forty thousand which would be enough for the time being and is long overdue. My only conclusion is the plan is to move which I feel may be for the best 

19 hours ago, farlego said:

Not a popular option but the only option to progress the club in my opinion. Hillsborough apart from how many fans it can hold is too small and getting to it and away from it is a nightmare

21 minutes ago, darra said:

Not a popular option but the only option to progress the club in my opinion. Hillsborough apart from how many fans it can hold is too small and getting to it and away from it is a nightmare

Every ground is nightmare to get to and away from.

Except Exeter :biggrin:

1 hour ago, darra said:

Cobblers, I can walk home in 20mins.  

• Haha 2