Planning Application Made For Wednesdayite Car Park

Guest Bulgaria
6 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Jaguar are doing quiet a bit in S6 at the moment. Old folks home getting made into flats.

Well, most of the residents are out of contract in the summer so the flats will be empty.lol

5 hours ago, richowl said:

DC tried to buy out City taxis but the two were miles out in valuations 

Might be a bit different now.

It has been noticed by some, that Uber are being used a lot more than before.

Just park at the retail units and if fans start to get tickets the Kop should go an masse and loot them.

I always remember at the old Hull City ground there was a supermarket and it actually closed at 1pm on a Saturday. Not sure why as part of planning consents that said units should not have to do the same and make available their parking spaces. 

6 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Shame. Had many a fun dogging sessions in there post match. 

Gutted these sessions will now have to end. One of the best spots around. Seems like everywhere is being closed so I've decided to sell all my dogging equipment. It's all on ebay. Not had any bids yet but there's 5 people watching. 

• Haha 8

It's a win win for the scum and thieves who break into the cars at matches whilst South Yorkshire's finest look the other way as soon when these units are built they can also steal a boot load of Aldi shopping from the parked cars...:rolleyes:

Edited by steveger
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, steelowl said:

even so it seemed an obvious purchase   wasnt he talking about an academy down penistone somewhere 

On that note, was looking at the Artchitect's website for this yesterday. Here's the link if anyone is interested....

https://www.axis-architecture.co.uk/our-projects/sheffield-wednesday-training-facility/

Looks very impressive. Planned for next to the Lexus garage.

14 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

On that note, was looking at the Artchitect's website for this yesterday. Here's the link if anyone is interested....

https://www.axis-architecture.co.uk/our-projects/sheffield-wednesday-training-facility/

Looks very impressive. Planned for next to the Lexus garage.

That's the former Presto site, which we had some form of agreement in place to develop out 7/8 years ago - went quiet and no one's asked any questions since.

Whilst it says the status is 'on-going', i'm not sure if SWFC would agree. Be great if it went ahead - sure SB would agree...

Guest Manwithastick
9 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

How can you not know where Middlewood Road is though? That's just plain ignorance.

Where we usually park (off MR near ASDA previously a Netto) it's easy to park. On Saturday's. Midweek's different.

People getting to ground at 2:40 thinking they'll get a close parking space infuriate me too.

Typical from you. 

I'm aware that our training facility is at Middlewood Road, but I have no idea where that is - I've never been there. I've never had need to be. Perhaps you can enlighten me? 

Do you for example know where Lordens Hill is? Assuming you don't live near here and haven't ever needed to there? Don't cheat and google map it.

Do you know how to find Parm on Mulberry in New York? I'll bet not without mapping it unless by huge coincidence you've also been there? If not that doesn't make you ignorant,

it just means you haven't had the experience of going there. 

And as for getting a close parking space at 2.40, that's kind of my point. I cannot get there much earlier due to business commitments. The Wednesdayite car par allows me 

the luxury of being able to manage that. Without that luxury I'm going to struggle. 

It's a nasty trait of too many on here who seem to look down their noses and sneer at folk if they weren't raised within sight of the ground and only have the temerity to visit 

for matches.

1 minute ago, Manwithastick said:

Typical from you. 

I'm aware that our training facility is at Middlewood Road, but I have no idea where that is - I've never been there. I've never had need to be. Perhaps you can enlighten me? 

Do you for example know where Lordens Hill is? Assuming you don't live near here and haven't ever needed to there? Don't cheat and google map it.

Do you know how to find Parm on Mulberry in New York? I'll bet not without mapping it unless by huge coincidence you've also been there? If not that doesn't make you ignorant,

And as for getting a close parking space at 2.40, that's kind of my point. I cannot get there much earlier due to business commitments. The Wednesdayite car par allows me 

the luxury of being able to manage that. Without that luxury I'm going to struggle. 

It's a nasty trait of too many on here who seem to look down their noses and sneer at folk if they weren't raised within sight of the ground and only have the temerity to visit 

for matches.

I bet you don't even know the exact shade of blue on seat number 322 in the North.

Your ignorance disgusts me.

• Haha 3

Guest Hirst1867
8 hours ago, mogbad said:

That's where I used to park before I started using the Wednesdayite car park.  Is it still an option on match days? I'd heard they'd started monitoring the car park & fining/clamping any cars parked for more than 2 hours.

They have. Not an option

Wednesdayite sell over 70 disabled permits a season for the car park - and the club facility is tiny, and full. Thats going to be a lot of disappointed disabled fans soon

19 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

Typical from you. 

for matches.

Dinno of course

13 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

Typical from you. 

for matches.

But you're right I don't know where they are and that's the thing. I assume it's out near Anston. I don't live there or go there on a fortnightly basis.

I assume you go to Hillsborough every other week too? So I just don't understand how you don't know where middlewood road is or where other alternative car parking is. That is either lazy or plain ignorance. If you are really struggling for future parking then I suggest you do some research and have a look around.

If you don't get there til 2.40, off Herries Road (the bit where it turns right towards the BP past HallamFM) there is a matchday car park there. Now i assume that's within your budget and within your Hillsborough road knowledge capabilities? It may be busy at that time though I'm not sure I get there early.

If you read my name you'll know I was raised miles from Hillsborough.

• Haha 2

Guest Manwithastick
11 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

But you're right I don't know where they are and that's the thing. I assume it's out near Anston. I don't live there or go there on a fortnightly basis.

I assume you go to Hillsborough every other week too? So I just don't understand how you don't know where middlewood road is or where other alternative car parking is. That is either lazy or plain ignorance. If you are really struggling for future parking then I suggest you do some research and have a look around.

If you don't get there til 2.40, off Herries Road (the bit where it turns right towards the BP past HallamFM) there is a matchday car park there. Now i assume that's within your budget and within your Hillsborough road knowledge capabilities? It may be busy at that time though I'm not sure I get there early.

If you read my name you'll know I was raised miles from Hillsborough.

Right, I've Googled it. It's North West of the ground? As I've already said, I come from the South East. Can you see the issue? I've never had a need to go there. I've also just 

learned that the roads I use are Herries Road South and Herries Road. You're correct, there are match day car parks on Herries Road and they are within budget. They will be 

an option, though I suspect with the Wednesdayite car park gone they'll be full up that much sooner. 

I've also now discovered where Birley is. I had absolutely no clue. Turns out it's not that far from me - other side of Crystal Peaks. I've never been there, never had the need (Birley that is. I've been to Crystal Peaks so of course know where it is) so you'll have to forgive my further ignorance.

Congratulations on being able to get there early by the way. Good for you. 

Edited by Manwithastick

1 minute ago, Manwithastick said:

Right, I've Googled it. It's North West of the ground? As I've already said, I come from the South East. Can you see the issue? I've never had a need to go there. I've also just 

learned that the roads I use are Herries Road South and Herries Road. You're correct, there are match day car parks on Herries Road and they are within budget. They will be 

an option, though I suspect with the Wednesdayite car park gone they'll be full up that much sooner. 

I've also now discovered where Birley is. I had absolutely no clue. Turns out it's not that far from me - other side of Crystal Peaks. I've never been there, never had the need, so

you'll have to forgive my further ignorance.

Congratulations on being able to get there early by the way. Good for you. 

I come from the south east too though and I still know where it is and get there. 

There is that, those car parks will fill up very quick once the Wednesdayite car park goes. But I reckon one or two more will pop up when they realise this. Don't park on herries rd though or your car will be broken into more than likely.

It's fine if you've never needed to go then who expects to know. Until 10 or so years ago I thought Anston was a misspelling of Aston lol

Someone mentioned it a bit back, but could you complain to make sure it doesn't go through? Or at least attempt to halt it. It seems you amongst many others I assume will need that car park to stay.

• Haha 1