Planning Application Made For Wednesdayite Car Park

20 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

It's easy done as you say, some people just deny it's possible without giving it some forethought.

I come from Bradford every game.  I drive over an hour in each direction, so forgive me for wanting to ride around on a match day figuring out which residential streets are OK and which aren't.  I've parked in the same place for 20 years with (until this year) no bother.  I park at the side of the ground from which I approach and know.  I'm not from Sheffield or spent much time there at all, other than coming to Hillsborough.

You'll obviously be fine when the parking is yet further reduced for games so I wouldn't expect you to give a sh!t anyway.  Or perhaps you could have suggested some alternative for people who don't know the ins and outs of the residential parking in S6!

• Like 1

Just not bothered...

18 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

As the development is at Planning Application stage could all those that use the car park, and would be seriously disadvantaged by its loss, submit a response to the consultation?

I suggest highlighting the "loss of amenity" and the serious inconvenience/difficulty resulting as a consequence.

Why do something constructive when they can come on here and moan about it instead.....?

20 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

It's easy done as you say, some people just deny it's possible without giving it some forethought.

Some people travel from a long way and can't walk any distance on arrival so what do you suggest..................................don't bother coming ?

There is no answer to the parking issue. Other than letting those in the South with nice cars park close by, and the Kop people with their Nova’s, Nissan Micras and Sierra Ghias park up in some kind of pen, on the outskirts. Ferry them in on trains like they do in India, with people sat on the roof. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, vulva said:

There is no answer to the parking issue. Other than letting those in the South with nice cars park close by, and the Kop people with their Nova’s, Nissan Micras and Sierra Ghias park up in some kind of pen, on the outskirts. Ferry them in on trains like they do in India, with people sat on the roof. 

See the source image

See the source image

Can’t believe this post. It’s even more boring than my thread about the pitch. Jaguar has owned the land for at least 5 years and had a deal for Wednesdayite parking. Eventually they have to do something with their investment. There has been plenty of time for the club to have made a sensible offer. Clearly they haven’t and unless someone on here has the money to buy the land, no point in moaning now. 

10 hours ago, Andrew Robinson said:

Can’t believe this post. It’s even more boring than my thread about the pitch. Jaguar has owned the land for at least 5 years and had a deal for Wednesdayite parking. Eventually they have to do something with their investment. There has been plenty of time for the club to have made a sensible offer. Clearly they haven’t and unless someone on here has the money to buy the land, no point in moaning now. 

:duntmatter:  Had to plus your post for the honesty.

On 27/02/2019 at 22:36, Manwithastick said:

Well yes, of course I can. The point I'm trying to make is folk saying there's loads of places to park. I wouldn't have the first clue where to start. All I know about the

streets near to the stadium are:

Penistone Road - no parking

The road near the Lexus garage - parked there once. Too far these days on my meds. 

A road near the Crown pub - parked there with a pal who gave us a lift. He got a ticket. 

The road that runs down to the kop - looks like double yellows and cones as far up as where we turn left to come back down to the junction (that used to be a

roundabout) 

That road - seems to be all cars on the pavement - I assume these are the ones that folk sometimes complain about getting tickets? Not surprised as there's always 

folk walking  in the road, including old folk, people with buggies etc. They even park in the bus stop.

The road the Chinese chippy is on (Vere?) - appears to be residents only? and obviously we wouldn't be able to park this close at 2.30-2.40.

Tim mentions The Park Hotel - I recall going in there for a couple of W'ite meetings I think. If I'm correct that's on the Leppings Lane side of the ground? If I recall

correctly I was  able to park at SWFC for those meetings. 

In my early 20's I did go to games with some local S6 lads - we drank in a huge pub in Hillsborough and I would park in their carpark. I noticed it has been demolished 

when I recently visited our store in Hillsborough (parked on the roof of a shopping precinct after following sat nav).

Perhaps some decent suggestions for someone coming from the SE of the city via the parkway/penistone road that's within 10 minutes stroll(heart condition means BP is usually 170/120) and available with 30 minutes to k.o?

Park up at Halfway jump on the tram straight to the ground? 

22 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

I come from Bradford every game.  I drive over an hour in each direction, so forgive me for wanting to ride around on a match day figuring out which residential streets are OK and which aren't.  I've parked in the same place for 20 years with (until this year) no bother.  I park at the side of the ground from which I approach and know.  I'm not from Sheffield or spent much time there at all, other than coming to Hillsborough.

You'll obviously be fine when the parking is yet further reduced for games so I wouldn't expect you to give a sh!t anyway.  Or perhaps you could have suggested some alternative for people who don't know the ins and outs of the residential parking in S6!

You see I tend to plan ahead when going into an unknown area even if it's just the once, never mind umpteen times a year.   

Assume for a moment I didn't live so close to the ground, I personally would hate being parked so close anyway, being someone who doesn't like to leave before the final whistle, and a 5/10 minute walk would be fine anyway.

On 28/02/2019 at 14:26, handworth52 said:

love to know how this place would work on a matchday? total chaos getting out id imagine , regarding these kind of developments its who you know regards planning permission . these sites would in past have been used mainly mon-fri for work/factories and weekend no one there . quite a lot of away grounds have factories near by and there use there car parks for match day parking. nowt surprises me regards this council have they a load of jos`s or clowns running things

23 days per year there will be a game at Hillsborough which will boost trade and have virtually 0 impact on traffic barring the loss of existing parking spaces. 

This development is almost exactly they type of projects that are being pushed for brownfield sites or hosting developments so planning will almost certainly be granted.  Looking at the proposal is doesn't go against any planning rules set by the government.

Interesting this. Penistone Road gets busy most days heading past the ground toward Halifax Road. I wonder if they'll allow traffic to turn right near the ground, crossing the central reservation, to access the new shops etc. If so that means new lanes etc. From memory there's a wide central reservation so might work. Christ I'm boring.