Planning Application Made For Wednesdayite Car Park

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

Or Sainsbury’s. They used to monitor car park at first. They don’t bother now. The 90 mins parking signs are a token deterrent. I’ve used it all this season.

they would make more profit charging £2 to park there than from the shop for those few hours

Jubilee Sports just up the road have started charging £4 

And Claywheels Lane is always rammed early doors, lots of crime, break ins, so anyone thinking of migrating from the Wednesdayite car park don't bother with that option (ok not true but its where I park so you can all sod off WTF:)

7 minutes ago, mkowl said:

they would make more profit charging £2 to park there than from the shop for those few hours

Jubilee Sports just up the road have started charging £4 

And Claywheels Lane is always rammed early doors, lots of crime, break ins, so anyone thinking of migrating from the Wednesdayite car park don't bother with that option (ok not true but its where I park so you can all sod off WTF:)

True about charging £2. Is Jubilee Sports that gym across the road, where the car park is always empty? If so, they used to have a lad on the entrance taking money. If anybody was in doubt about using Sainsburys, just buy a meal deal for £3.50 & keep the receipt. Still a cheap option & you get some food!

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

True about charging £2. Is Jubilee Sports that gym across the road, where the car park is always empty? If so, they used to have a lad on the entrance taking money. If anybody was in doubt about using Sainsburys, just buy a meal deal for £3.50 & keep the receipt. Still a cheap option & you get some food!

Up Claywheels Lane - Sheffield Rangers play there and there is a social club. 

The Sheffield College (Hillsborough Campus) are now opening on match days, £4 a car, around 200 spaces but with it being on Liversy Street its a right pain getting out after a game as the lighting system gives priority to Penistone Road. 

With this development the car park off old herries road is going as well so its not only the Wednesdayite car park too. I would imagine that parking restrictions will come in to place around that area too once it's built. 

4 hours ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

On that note, was looking at the Artchitect's website for this yesterday. Here's the link if anyone is interested....

https://www.axis-architecture.co.uk/our-projects/sheffield-wednesday-training-facility/

Looks very impressive. Planned for next to the Lexus garage.

1691839789_Screenshot2019-02-28at12_49_33.thumb.png.fe9801e6bcff14720057d46f77a05fb7.png

Nice to see they accounted for housing Abdi if it gets built.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Just what we need a drive through close to the ground...you know cos KFC and McDonald’s is a bit out of reach, with the current location been a few hundred yard away. 

Aldi is a decent idea tho...cheap champagne over the road when we make win the league. 

Might not be cut and dried then as i'd assume KFC and McDonalds would lodge objections. Also amount of increased traffic on match days would be a consideration. Maybe Mr C is biding his time to buy it on the cheap once the planning is rejected 

17 hours ago, simpark said:

Looks like a discount supermarket - Aldi logo is on some of the drawings - two drive-thru food places, a bigger retail unit but otherwise trade units. Nothing like restaurants or sports bar etc

Weird it doesn't include the former Charlie Browns. Wonder who owns that 

plans.jpg

love to know how this place would work on a matchday? total chaos getting out id imagine , regarding these kind of developments its who you know regards planning permission . these sites would in past have been used mainly mon-fri for work/factories and weekend no one there . quite a lot of away grounds have factories near by and there use there car parks for match day parking. nowt surprises me regards this council have they a load of jos`s or clowns running things? 

18 hours ago, steelowl said:

really surprised we (swfc) didnt buy this when it was up for sale 

the loss of the carpark isnt good news at all 

I thought Wednesdays might have brought that area and rented out space to eateries and shops, have a massive club shop there along with a big multi story car park with the current club shop area being for disabled fans...

missed opportunity there

14 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Shhhhhhh 

You will be okay pal.

You could take some people and show it them.

They would still drive round for ages, trying to park an extra 10 seconds nearer the ground.

Some drivers (loosely termed) would rather park on lines, junctions or anywhere they shouldn't, then moan about getting a ticket, rather than having to walk 10 paces more.

It will bite them on the arris though, because some people have started sending pictures round of bad  parking.

16 hours ago, mogbad said:

That's where I used to park before I started using the Wednesdayite car park.  Is it still an option on match days? I'd heard they'd started monitoring the car park & fining/clamping any cars parked for more than 2 hours.

They took the ANPR system down