Steel City Derby

21 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I couldn't care less what Leeds do, it's the pigs I'm bothered about.

Granted the large majority of Leeds fans are n*bs but I only know a couple and they're actually quite sound, also in general Wednesday aren't even on Leeds fans radar.

The pigs on the other hand are a completely different beast, if they go up it will put them miles ahead of us as a club as we struggle to rebuild our squad under the shadow of FFP and they'll know it. The very thought of them in the top flight is unbearable, in an ideal world I'd see Norwich and West Brom go up with Bristol following in the playoffs but in all honesty I couldn't care less who goes up as long as it's not them and I include Leeds in that.

I understand what you are saying, I now live on the outskirts of Leeds and the majority of people I know are Leeds fans, they are a different breed and so up themselves it’s untrue, I get poo everyday for being a Wednesdayite and trust me they don’t like us, for some reason they don’t mind the piggies but the majority really don’t like us!!! 

12 minutes ago, waddleisgod said:

I understand what you are saying, I now live on the outskirts of Leeds and the majority of people I know are Leeds fans, they are a different breed and so up themselves it’s untrue, I get poo everyday for being a Wednesdayite and trust me they don’t like us, for some reason they don’t mind the piggies but the majority really don’t like us!!! 

I can vouch for this. 95% of Castleford are Leeds fans. The younger generation in particular don't really like us, but the older ones tend to respect us and dislike United. The stereotype is the same though, they're unbearable when they win yet silent if they lose.

33 minutes ago, waddleisgod said:

19 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

I can vouch for this. 95% of Castleford are Leeds fans. The younger generation in particular don't really like us, but the older ones tend to respect us and dislike United. The stereotype is the same though, they're unbearable when they win yet silent if they lose.

I like to read other clubs fans don't like us! I don't want them to go so far as wanting a mass brawl they hate us so much but other clubs disliking us is good.

2 hours ago, Castleford Owl said:

Same as last year I think and similar to what they give us, about 2400. We’ll probably have the lower if demand is there.

The Safety Commitee allow United give ALL away clubs 2100 to 2200 tickets , every away team is treat exactly the same.

So it doesn’t make sense how SW can allocate Leeds both tiers (4,600 tickets) for that derby but can’t do it for the Steel City Derby.

Unless of course there’s plenty of home demand for the bottom tier, which doesn’t seem to be the case,

Surely Chansiri needs as much revenue as possible to go towards FFP, whilst making sure all home fans get a ticket.

Edited by sheffsteel

The less of them in our ground the better. Winning the game is more important than earning a few quid. A big away following would definitely be a boost for them and we need all the help we can get in this one (and an on form Forestieri). 

1 hour ago, sheffsteel said:

The Safety Commitee allow United give ALL away clubs 2100 to 2200 tickets , every away team is treat exactly the same.

So it doesn’t make sense how SW can allocate Leeds both tiers (4,600 tickets) for that derby but can’t do it for the Steel City Derby.

Unless of course there’s plenty of home demand for the bottom tier, which doesn’t seem to be the case,

Surely Chansiri needs as much revenue as possible to go towards FFP, whilst making sure all home fans get a ticket.

Why would we want to give United more than they gave us? No thanks. 

On 21/02/2019 at 08:15, optimisticowl said:

Someone is bound to work you lot out eventually, central defenders bombing down the wing, strikers defending, etc; etc. I reckon that refs have a second count after blowing the whistle, just to check that you’re not fielding eleven outfield players, because that’s what it looks like at times. Credit where it’s due, Wilder must be on quite a few club’s wish lists, I reckon that McCabe will sell him rather than pay him what he’s worth.  

Well you haven't that's for sure.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, BECKS-TO-BUD said:

Well you haven't that's for sure.

Clueless Luhukay managed it. You failed to score against 2 of the worst teams we've ever put out in the last 2 derbies, led by one of our worst ever managers. You're not exactly Man City. 

12 hours ago, Castleford Owl said:

Have to agree. Most are weeds... there are a few of us about, but I see zero pigs up here.

Gobby when they're winning, but hide when we  beat them