Steel City Derby

11 hours ago, Baggiehy said:

I've Been looking at a couple of blunt forums. Their fans seem to be looking past us to the Derby I hope this is the case with the club as some big players are due back and i'm not just talking Gayle. This could bite on the bum promotion wise

Some fans are. They're the type of fans who would be happy to lose to you if it meant winning Wednesday.

If we had to lose one of those games, realistically the derby is the game you'd choose now you're 1pt behind.

The management won't be looking ahead to the derby. They were looking ahead at you last Saturday, hence the reason we dropped Sharp and Mcgoldrick.

3 minutes ago, Class of 91 said:

Some fans are. They're the type of fans who would be happy to lose to you if it meant winning Wednesday.

If we had to lose one of those games, realistically the derby is the game you'd choose now you're 1pt behind.

The management won't be looking ahead to the derby. They were looking ahead at you last Saturday, hence the reason we dropped Sharp and Mcgoldrick.

Someone is bound to work you lot out eventually, central defenders bombing down the wing, strikers defending, etc; etc. I reckon that refs have a second count after blowing the whistle, just to check that you’re not fielding eleven outfield players, because that’s what it looks like at times. Credit where it’s due, Wilder must be on quite a few club’s wish lists, I reckon that McCabe will sell him rather than pay him what he’s worth.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Baggiehy said:

We shall see One game at a time Blunts then Leeds we get results at both it automatic and with the following could open a gap

Bloody hell I really hope you do!!!!

The thought of Leeds scum or the pigs going up truly makes me feel ill

Would love to see the Baggies and Norwich go up top 2

Wednesday have 2 home games before the Derby game.

Of course if I had to choose to win one of the next 3 games would be v Sheffield United.

But hope the players are concentrating on Saturdays game then the mid week game v Brentford.

No excuse for me a poor performance because we are more bothered about the United game.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

Someone is bound to work you lot out eventually, central defenders bombing down the wing, strikers defending, etc; etc. I reckon that refs have a second count after blowing the whistle, just to check that you’re not fielding eleven outfield players, because that’s what it looks like at times. Credit where it’s due, Wilder must be on quite a few club’s wish lists, I reckon that McCabe will sell him rather than pay him what he’s worth.  

To some extent teams have worked it out which is why we have had to start mixing it up a bit. We've brought in Madine who gives us another dimension which enables us to play through the middle. But when the overload works well it really is fantastic to watch.

We go 3 against the oppos full back for example down the right we would have RB, RCB and either AM or ST in a little triangle around the oppositions full back to work the space. Whilst that goes on though, the back line move across so our LB would be a LCB to leave us with 3 CBs still. OR Norwood tends to drop back as an extra defender.

It has caught us out a few times as teams look to exploit us with a quick counter.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Class of 91 said:

To some extent teams have worked it out which is why we have had to start mixing it up a bit. We've brought in Madine who gives us another dimension which enables us to play through the middle. But when the overload works well it really is fantastic to watch.

We go 3 against the oppos full back for example down the right we would have RB, RCB and either AM or ST in a little triangle around the oppositions full back to work the space. Whilst that goes on though, the back line move across so our LB would be a LCB to leave us with 3 CBs still. OR Norwood tends to drop back as an extra defender.

It has caught us out a few times as teams look to exploit us with a quick counter.

Well hopefully, we've finally injected some much needed pace in our wide areas....

44 minutes ago, Class of 91 said:

Working you out is one problem. Being able to do something about it, is another issue entirely.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Baggiehy said:

I've Been looking at a couple of blunt forums. Their fans seem to be looking past us to the Derby I hope this is the case with the club as some big players are due back and i'm not just talking Gayle. This could bite on the bum promotion wise

Ideal scenario is you going up with Norwich and Leeds and United fluffing the play offs 

3 hours ago, waddleisgod said:

Bloody hell I really hope you do!!!!

The thought of Leeds scum or the pigs going up truly makes me feel ill

Would love to see the Baggies and Norwich go up top 2

I couldn't care less what Leeds do, it's the pigs I'm bothered about.

Granted the large majority of Leeds fans are n*bs but I only know a couple and they're actually quite sound, also in general Wednesday aren't even on Leeds fans radar.

The pigs on the other hand are a completely different beast, if they go up it will put them miles ahead of us as a club as we struggle to rebuild our squad under the shadow of FFP and they'll know it. The very thought of them in the top flight is unbearable, in an ideal world I'd see Norwich and West Brom go up with Bristol following in the playoffs but in all honesty I couldn't care less who goes up as long as it's not them and I include Leeds in that.

2 hours ago, Skyline said:

Can't see us scoring 2 goals, to b honest.

Scrappy draw or a comfortable victory for you guys is my predication. 

There's no way you will sit back at home like you did away, your fans won't allow it to happen. That's why I can see it being quite open.

15 hours ago, Baggiehy said:

With a manager like Chris Wilder I can assure you it wont be the case with the club.

I fear he is more intelligent than the average United fan

All this worrying about them is embarrassing and doesn’t help us as a club. What will be will be. 

Edited by Ash76

4 hours ago, optimisticowl said:

lol  wish they would hurry up about it then.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Class of 91 said:

There's no way you will sit back at home like you did away, your fans won't allow it to happen. That's why I can see it being quite open.

I’d like to think Steve Bruce won’t allow us to play like that again.

The 0-0 in November was a pretty embarrassing affair, even though most Owls would have taken a point beforehand.  Our player’s confidence was totally shot prior to that game because of Luhukay’s mismanagement, this was particularly obvious in the early stages of that game.  I’m sure if McGoldrick had buried that penalty, we wouldn’t have got back into the game.

Why was it again that Shap didn’t take that penalty?

I can’t predict a result.  But thankfully, Wednesday are a different prospect now, when compared to The Luhukay era.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Why was it again that Shap didn’t take that penalty?

Sharp had missed his last one and McGoldrick had scored 2.

The penalty wasn't that bad,it was a great save TBF. Billy wouldn't have hit it as soft though, hindsight is wonderful.