When will our luck turn again (if ever)?

Feels like it's left us for dead ever since we failed against Huddersfield and it feels a long way away now. The worst part of this being that we have been the main contributors to this downfall.

This has been further compounded by success from the dark side in recent times, Huddersfield going on to get promoted essentially at our expense and potentially a forthcoming embargo this summer.

The last 3 years haven't been kind to us in any way, shape, or form but I just hope it will turn again soon as when you look at the bigger picture, you can't help but just feel a little bit deflated.

Still, not to end on a negative note, given time, I hope Steve Bruce can be the man to turn us around because my god do we need it.

Edited by SupremeOwl
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SupremeOwl said:

Feels like it's left us for dead ever since we failed against Huddersfield and it feels a long way away now. The worst part of this being that we have been the main contributors to this downfall.

This has been further compounded by success from the dark side in recent times, Huddersfield going on to get promoted essentially at our expense and potentially a forthcoming embargo this summer.

The last 3 years haven't been kind to us in any way, shape, or form but I just hope it will turn again soon as when you look at the bigger picture, you can't help but just feel a little bit deflated.

Still, not to end on a negative note, given time, I hope Steve Bruce can be the man to turn us around because my god do we need it.

I have long held the theory that the 2 Sheffield teams never do well at the same time. In all my life I can remember about three seasons when both teams have been near the top of their respective divisions. To put it bluntly we them flippers to start losing. 

Just now, McRightSide said:

You do realize that not only have we scored an equalizer in the 100th minute, but it was scored by the player who came on to replace the player whose injury caused the extra time?

Yes, which is why I said I didn't want to end on a negative note.

This is just something I've had on my mind for a while, ive just never been bothered to post it up until now.

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Think luck is the wrong word. Think you mean when will we get our poo together, get some players that will give everything and when will this club start taking the game to teams and trying to win. Been a while since I've seen any of that. 

Yeah, I agree with that completely and that's kind of what I meant whilst admittedly wording it poorly. lol

Its not luck mate..Is it?

Its been circumstances at times....Circumstances like...some clubs get a good manager..We get Jos...

Circumstances like We go for it under DC and Carlos and miss out...

Thats the end of it though...bad signings, poor managers, spaffed cash...thats not luck, its poor organisation.

Its a disconnect with supporters , managers, players and Chairman, thats not luck..its misunderstanding.

Each new incumbent in whatever capacity wonders why Owls fans are "So impatient"..As Owls fans figure they are the epitome of patience...20 years FFS!

Now we have a new manager...So you have to give him time...more patience, I know..but in all honesty..we have to be.

Its a frustrating scenario.

DC at times seems baffled that fans don't buy into the "1867" plans...We can't afford it...

He seems baffled fans won't tip up for £40 for a game..We can't afford it

The answers are there....the questions are there....but the 2 are never put together are they?

I'll give DC credit for freezing Season ticket prices..I was worried about it...luckily ive been able to get one..but there has to be more if he wants the whole fanbasae onside...cos some..

can't afford to ante up £450..might sound ridiculous to DC that...seems it sounds ridiculous to some of our own.

But..

Look what we are contending with...My season ticket would be £200 cheaper at the lane..doesn't make a difference to me...does it to casual football supporters..with no affiliation...You bet it does!

If we are going to build this club under Steve bruce...i reckon concessions have to be made  on both sides...

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its been circumstances at times....Circumstances like...some clubs get a good manager..We get Jos...

Thats the end of it though...bad signings, poor managers, spaffed cash...thats not luck, its poor organisation.

Its a disconnect with supporters , managers, players and Chairman, thats not luck..its misunderstanding.

Each new incumbent in whatever capacity wonders why Owls fans are "So impatient"..As Owls fans figure they are the epitome of patience...20 years FFS!

Now we have a new manager...So you have to give him time...more patience, I know..but in all honesty..we have to be.

DC at times seems baffled that fans don't buy into the "1867" plans...We can't afford it...

The answers are there....the questions are there....but the 2 are never put together are they?

I'll give DC credit for freezing Season ticket prices..I was worried about it...luckily ive been able to get one..but there has to be more if he wants the whole fanbasae onside...cos some..

can't afford to ante up £450..might sound ridiculous to DC that...seems it sounds ridiculous to some of our own.

But..

Look what we are contending with...My season ticket would be £200 cheaper at the lane..doesn't make a difference to me...does it to casual football supporters..with no affiliation...You bet it does!

If we are going to build this club under Steve bruce...i reckon concessions have to be made  on both sides...

I fully agree and I probably shouldn't have referred to it as luck in hindsight.

I just meant that I just want things to move forward again. It feels like our club has been the epitome of stagnation and even regression in recent years and as you say, it's so frustrating to watch it unfold as it has.

Hopefully Bruce can do that but I suppose the time to review where we are will be in the summer anyhow.

Edited by SupremeOwl

9 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

But..

spot on but getting the club to see it this way is impossible

2 hours ago, McRightSide said:

You do realize that not only have we scored an equalizer in the 100th minute, but it was scored by the player who came on to replace the player whose injury caused the extra time?

was gonna say same,wev'e had more than our share of luck this season,a few times we have picked a point up after being played off the park

I don't think we've had a fully committed group of players since that playoff defeat against Huddersfield. 

There has been something wrong ever since that night. 

Today was so typical of how we have been now for nearly two years. Yeah, we managed to nick a last-minute equaliser, but the way we surrendered the game so quickly after taking the lead was pathetically predictable. 

We need a complete clearout in the summer and a complete rethink. It is long, long overdue. 

4 hours ago, SupremeOwl said:

I fully agree and I probably shouldn't have referred to it as luck in hindsight.

I just meant that I just want things to move forward again. It feels like our club has been the epitome of stagnation and even regression in recent years and as you say, it's so frustrating to watch it unfold as it has.

Hopefully Bruce can do that but I suppose the time to review where we are will be in the summer anyhow.

The harder we practice, the luckier we get.

• Thanks 1

Our problem is very simple, all in the head and there is a simple solution.  It is a problem shared between both many of our players and many of our supporters and I think it will get sorted.

You cannot EVER just turn up and expect to win any game against any team in this division and you must always battle the thought that you can.