When will our luck turn again (if ever)?

4 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Greatest-Golf-Players-of-all-time-Gary-Player.jpg

He's a legend isn't he OG, he's up there with Pele, Muhammad Ali, Usain Bolt, Nadia Comaneci, Bjorn Borg, Lloyd Owusu, Roberto Duran, Diego Maradonna, Jonny Wilkinson, Thomas "the hit man" Hearns, Bobby Moore, Arthur Ashe, Billy jean King, Rod Laver, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Phil Taylor, Michael Van Gerwen, Efan Ekoku, Jane Torville and Christopher Dean, Alex Higgins, George Best and last but my no means least, Barry Bannan.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

He's a legend isn't he OG, he's up there with Pele, Muhammad Ali, Usain Bolt, Nadia Comaneci, Bjorn Borg, Lloyd Owusu, Roberto Duran, Diego Maradonna, Jonny Wilkinson, Thomas "the hit man" Hearns, Bobby Moore, Arthur Ashe, Billy jean King, Rod Laver, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Phil Taylor, Michael Van Gerwen, Efan Ekoku, Jane Torville and Christopher Dean, Alex Higgins, George Best and last but my no means least, Barry Bannan.

You missed one Easty ..

Larry May- nards Wine Gums..lol

@Costello 77 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The squad needed a new injection after Huddersfield. But FFP has stopped us doing so.

This was inevitable imo. Injuries didn’t help either. 

Mentally 2 play off defeats is draining on a player after two seasons of hard work. This is a really bad hangover which has gone on far too long.

We need a real clearout in the summer, and a lot of new faces. Similar to what we saw in 2015. I don’t think the embargo will allow that though. 

It’s so very depressing how things have turned out. 

42 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Our problem is very simple, all in the head and there is a simple solution.  It is a problem shared between both many of our players and many of our supporters and I think it will get sorted.

You cannot EVER just turn up and expect to win any game against any team in this division and you must always battle the thought that you can.

Agree. We put too much expectation on these players because they nearly got us up twice. Truth is they aren’t that good and the squad hasn’t been improved upon since.

They aren’t that good. 

This squad was good two seasons ago.

A season is a long time in football. 

It all works in cycles. You have to freshen things up at some point or you risk things becoming stale. There was a reason why Fergie would move on a few big hitters every few years, as he knew it was time to start rebuilding. 

This squad needed freshening up after Huddersfield. Instead, we find ourselves in the position where it's the same group of people trying, and failing, to do what they did a few years ago. 

1 minute ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

I stand corrected OG, I admit to checking Wiki bt it looks like I still fo fo-oked up, never mind eh?

No I shall be the "man" here and apologise Easty ..

It was Bullish and insensitive of me to pull you up this way. 

Please understand I've had my wallet emptied by Mrs OG on nights out and gifts etc 

I'm in sufference of a heavy cold so will retire to bed with a Hot Sammy Todd - y 

And a packet of Albert Quix Halls Mentholyptus

@Costello 77

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

No I shall be the "man" here and apologise Easty ..

It was Bullish and insensitive of me to pull you up this way. 

Please understand I've had my wallet emptied by Mrs OG on nights out and gifts etc 

I'm in sufference of a heavy cold so will retire to bed with a Hot Sammy Todd - y 

And a packet of Albert Quix Halls Mentholyptus

@Costello 77

FFS OG, that's brought a tear to my eye.

Me Mam always liked the Halls Menthol and eucalyptus at night along with 5 Woodbines especially when the snooker was on. She'd never smoke during the day, just at night.

She was quite happy and content with all this, shame about the lazy, good for nothing, anti british, sycophantic, remainers what we seem to have left in this country. I can see this all ending in tears to be honest.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SupremeOwl said:

Feels like it's left us for dead ever since we failed against Huddersfield and it feels a long way away now. The worst part of this being that we have been the main contributors to this downfall.

This has been further compounded by success from the dark side in recent times, Huddersfield going on to get promoted essentially at our expense and potentially a forthcoming embargo this summer.

The last 3 years haven't been kind to us in any way, shape, or form but I just hope it will turn again soon as when you look at the bigger picture, you can't help but just feel a little bit deflated.

Still, not to end on a negative note, given time, I hope Steve Bruce can be the man to turn us around because my god do we need it.

Tbf, we aren't going thru anything other fans havent.

We were great for a bit, now we're middling and in the midst of an overhaul.

It happens.  Part of the ride.  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Are you Norwegian mate?

lol

• Haha 2