Fox...... Cannot start again!

On 22/02/2019 at 05:48, hirstys_achilles said:

Are you actually saying that Fox cant be a good player and his improvement is meaningless because he has played some bad games. ???????

I am saying that (notwithstanding his improved form) his best will still be well short of what we need in his position to challenge for promotion.

1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

Fox will retain his place today and deservedly so. He will also be retained as next few years could see him really kick on

Enda Stevens at a similar age was playing in League 2 and is now one of the best left backs in the championship. Fox could go the same way, strong, good in the air and got a great left foot. He and his position is not key in determining if we have a squad capable of challenging at the top end of this league

Enda Stevens is not that much liked by a lot of blades who attend regularly.

Having watched Fox ‘improve’ over the last few seasons I have seen little to suggest that Fox will be good enough at this level. He simply lacks aggression and positional sense. We need far better if we are ever going to kick on. Average at best is not good enough.

27 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Enda Stevens is not that much liked by a lot of blades who attend regularly.

Well that just demonstrates how little the average know there as well  

41 minutes ago, Eckyowl said:

Having watched Fox ‘improve’ over the last few seasons I have seen little to suggest that Fox will be good enough at this level. He simply lacks aggression and positional sense. We need far better if we are ever going to kick on. Average at best is not good enough.

Fox's weakness is in possession, he's awful with the ball for a left back, in that position he's got to be able to play.

Defensively he's decent enough.

58 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Not like Ash to be wrong about something. lol

He was injured or he would have probably started 

Lazar keep the shirt on that performance though

On 23/02/2019 at 11:49, BC1867 said:

I am saying that (notwithstanding his improved form) his best will still be well short of what we need in his position to challenge for promotion.

How can you possibly say that he is not able to carry on improving to a point that is at or above the standard required for a promotion team. The attitude of not giving a young player a chance in hell of being able to improve is just ridiculous. All the academy centres and coaching setups would be a total waste of time and effort if you was right. You can not say when he will stop improving as that is something nobody can possibly know. Stop using a young player doing his best as a easy target to ridicule. If the guy only had to worry about his performance and not what people like you say about him his improvement may be quicker. That is much more a certainty than you knowing what level he is capable of achieving.

Lazaar was brilliant and my 2nd choice MOM. He was good in u23s derby and hit some terrific shots, crosses and through balls.