Hi Jos.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

from now on he needs to play the players who have a future at the club

if we aren't keeping them next season don't play um

we've got 3 months to prep for next season

it's like pre-season but competitive

Now where have I heard that idea before?

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WelshOwl74 said:

from now on he needs to play the players who have a future at the club

if we aren't keeping them next season don't play um

we've got 3 months to prep for next season

it's like pre-season but competitive

Young Bulgarian striker will hopefully flourish with Bruce 

• Haha 1

Tbh Fox isn't good enough for a promotion team, but he wasn't the problem today. Boyd in front of him was as dire as dire can be. Some of you seem to pick on the lad and yet cant see what a clean sheet means. The defence including Fox did their job today, the 'superstars' in midfield and upfront didn't.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Thought he was having a good game until he made his first mistake letting the ball bounce out of play, then after that he made another couple of nearly costly mistakes. 

• Agree 1

In no way am I'm I blaming Fox for not winnining today. Simply pointing out he is not good enough !! Watched him at U 23 against Crewe when he came back from injury and even in that game was poor. (Hutch played in that game was immense) Just working through the team today and thinking about next season. Fox simply not good enough ( likewise Boyd) just thought today  he was poor in possession and Bruce will not hesitate in making the necessary changes !!

• Disagree 3

Didn't think he was on level he's shown in past few games but overall he's a much better player than some people seem to think. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Thought he was having a good game until he made his first mistake letting the ball bounce out of play, then after that he made another couple of nearly costly mistakes. 

He was offside and let the ball go out - I saw that sat watching ifollow in New Zealand at 5 am in the morning. You need to concentrate more when you watch the game

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Odd how we keep a clean sheet but fail to score and it's a defender that gets criticised. Only on Owlstalk!

After clean sheets against Wigan & Ipswich too. When our manager says, no need to mess about with that defence. Some people eh? 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Young Bulgarian striker will hopefully flourish with Bruce 

Winnall getting no game time at the minute, so what chance has he got?

He’s just not good enough it’s as simple as that. You know that too when all his teammates have to spend most of the game either bollocking him or telling him what to do.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 4

LB is a weak area in the team, but Fox has done ok recently and his form picked up. Ok is not good enough long term, but probably deserves his place at the moment.

Contributed to another clean sheet as part of a fairly settled back 4 though.

Edited by striker
  • Agree 1

Fox reminds me of mattock in that he looks terrified when he gets that ball. He's improved recently but he's not at the level we need him to be and his ability stands out more when he's got boyd in front of him, who looks past it. Boyd has been by far the worst player over the last few games. Looks like he's there for a leisurely job around half the time. Runs round without touching the ball. 

• Agree 1

Defensively he’s solid enough, in a system that requires fullbacks to provide width going forward he’s not good enough. Neither is Palmer

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, BrainJoicey said:

Despite SB being happy with another clean sheet (as I am too) Fox has demonstrated today his many inadequencies. Distribution poor. Aggression non existent attacking potential nil. Each time I looked at SB when Fox was involved I could see him wince. I have every faith in SB as we move forward. Fox has to disappear quickly! 

I had been waiting all evening to see who todays scapegoat would be. :picnic:

In my opinion problem with Fox is that he is not playing as lb, but as left sided cb. He rarelly offers option going forward, tries to stop opposite winger/atracking midfielder just as rarelly.

Got great luck that Hutchison, and first Matias and now Boyd put a lot of effort to help him defend.

• Confused 2

His, as is Boyds, first instinct to turn and face our own keeper. I accept that we may have gone down without his interception and later block. However, this is counterbalanced by his defence splitting pass into our area which asked the Reading forward to tuck it away. I do think that Fox is a better player when Reach is his foil down the left. Fox and Boyd appear afraid of what each of them may do next. 

Load of tosh. He carried out some excellent interceptions today, along with at least 2 of the best deliveries into their box. Mistakes were rife today, passing abysmal and sluggish on all fronts. Fox was one of the least culpable. 

• Agree 2

He ain’t the left back we need to progress, not a bad player but bang average Imo