Fox...... Cannot start again!

Tbh Fox isn't good enough for a promotion team, but he wasn't the problem today. Boyd in front of him was as dire as dire can be. Some of you seem to pick on the lad and yet cant see what a clean sheet means. The defence including Fox did their job today, the 'superstars' in midfield and upfront didn't.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In no way am I'm I blaming Fox for not winnining today. Simply pointing out he is not good enough !! Watched him at U 23 against Crewe when he came back from injury and even in that game was poor. (Hutch played in that game was immense) Just working through the team today and thinking about next season. Fox simply not good enough ( likewise Boyd) just thought today  he was poor in possession and Bruce will not hesitate in making the necessary changes !!

4 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Thought he was having a good game until he made his first mistake letting the ball bounce out of play, then after that he made another couple of nearly costly mistakes. 

He was offside and let the ball go out - I saw that sat watching ifollow in New Zealand at 5 am in the morning. You need to concentrate more when you watch the game

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LB is a weak area in the team, but Fox has done ok recently and his form picked up. Ok is not good enough long term, but probably deserves his place at the moment.

Contributed to another clean sheet as part of a fairly settled back 4 though.

Edited by striker

Fox reminds me of mattock in that he looks terrified when he gets that ball. He's improved recently but he's not at the level we need him to be and his ability stands out more when he's got boyd in front of him, who looks past it. Boyd has been by far the worst player over the last few games. Looks like he's there for a leisurely job around half the time. Runs round without touching the ball. 

1 hour ago, BrainJoicey said:

Despite SB being happy with another clean sheet (as I am too) Fox has demonstrated today his many inadequencies. Distribution poor. Aggression non existent attacking potential nil. Each time I looked at SB when Fox was involved I could see him wince. I have every faith in SB as we move forward. Fox has to disappear quickly! 

I had been waiting all evening to see who todays scapegoat would be. :picnic:

In my opinion problem with Fox is that he is not playing as lb, but as left sided cb. He rarelly offers option going forward, tries to stop opposite winger/atracking midfielder just as rarelly.

Got great luck that Hutchison, and first Matias and now Boyd put a lot of effort to help him defend.

His, as is Boyds, first instinct to turn and face our own keeper. I accept that we may have gone down without his interception and later block. However, this is counterbalanced by his defence splitting pass into our area which asked the Reading forward to tuck it away. I do think that Fox is a better player when Reach is his foil down the left. Fox and Boyd appear afraid of what each of them may do next. 

Guest wilyfox

Our full-backs are bang average, we know that. But we shouldn't criticise whilst they're keeping clean sheets. That is their primary objective, and they're doing that. 

Its bizarre criticising a defender after weve kept two clean sheets on the bounce which means the back four have done what they're paid to do. 

Meanwhile players like reach has missed two sitters from six yards in the last two games. Ff has missed chances showed awful decision making as has bannan etc these are players who need to improve before fox.

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

Fox is good in a game where you have to get a clean sheet. He is a solid defender. 

But when the onus is on us to attack and create something, he doesn't offer anything worthwhile. 

Maybe that new lad will Lazaar will start on Tuesday. 

One of them for me, if your going to build a squad with two for each position which I'm hoping we're planning to do. 

Then you sign an attacking fullback like hunt was for home games when you have the freedom to play and a defensive one when you go away and need to be solid, this is what the good teams do. Fox for me in time will move to cb as he gets older and more experienced, Id like to see the lad lazzarr given a run in the home games and see what he can produce. 

I'm sure a few will remember when we signed Carbone Milan had been utilising him more often than not as a wingback or fullback.