Jump to content


BrainJoicey

Fox...... Cannot start again!

Recommended Posts

Our full-backs are bang average, we know that. But we shouldn't criticise whilst they're keeping clean sheets. That is their primary objective, and they're doing that. 

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Its bizarre criticising a defender after weve kept two clean sheets on the bounce which means the back four have done what they're paid to do. 

 

Meanwhile players like reach has missed two sitters from six yards in the last two games. Ff has missed chances showed awful decision making as has bannan etc these are players who need to improve before fox.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beholder said:

Fox is good in a game where you have to get a clean sheet. He is a solid defender. 

 

But when the onus is on us to attack and create something, he doesn't offer anything worthwhile. 

 

Maybe that new lad will Lazaar will start on Tuesday. 

One of them for me, if your going to build a squad with two for each position which I'm hoping we're planning to do. 

Then you sign an attacking fullback like hunt was for home games when you have the freedom to play and a defensive one when you go away and need to be solid, this is what the good teams do. Fox for me in time will move to cb as he gets older and more experienced, Id like to see the lad lazzarr given a run in the home games and see what he can produce. 

 

I'm sure a few will remember when we signed Carbone Milan had been utilising him more often than not as a wingback or fullback. 

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As fox been present in 7 clean sheets out of our last 10 games? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With a flat back four and two holding players It comes as no surprise that we have upped our clean sheet count. We have to find a way of occupying space up the pitch, but Palmer and Fox are forced to look behind them to Hutch and Bannan; All four of them need to find a way of driving forward more when the opportunity arises. It maybe we need wait a while until we can do further work on developing three at the back, we certainly have enough CB cover. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

from now on he needs to play the players who have a future at the club

if we aren't keeping them next season don't play um

we've got 3 months to prep for next season

it's like pre-season but competitive

You're having a laugh aren't you.

That's what Jos was doing and how did that work out for everyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

One of them for me, if your going to build a squad with two for each position which I'm hoping we're planning to do. 

Then you sign an attacking fullback like hunt was for home games when you have the freedom to play and a defensive one when you go away and need to be solid, this is what the good teams do. Fox for me in time will move to cb as he gets older and more experienced, Id like to see the lad lazzarr given a run in the home games and see what he can produce. 

 

I'm sure a few will remember when we signed Carbone Milan had been utilising him more often than not as a wingback or fullback. 

Which teams switch their fullbacks for home and away games?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worse players out there for us us today than Fox. Boyd being one and as unpopular as it may be, Fessi was another one. Boyd was crap and Fessi did nothing much all game and still looks quite a bit off the pace. 

 

Fox may not be a world beater, but he has been steady lately. The lads clearly a basic left back being asked to play as more of a wingback game. Confidence must also be taking a battering when hes ripped to shreds by his own fans week in and week out even when he plays kinda well. Hes basically a whipping boy for many fans regardless of how he actually plays. Bit sad really.

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

from now on he needs to play the players who have a future at the club

if we aren't keeping them next season don't play um

we've got 3 months to prep for next season

it's like pre-season but competitive

 

So not the loan signings then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So its a defenders fault we didnt score even though we kept another clean sheet. The biggest improvement in any player in last 6 weeks is Fox by a mile. I was surprised how little we missed Lees. The Hector Thorniley partnership looked solid.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I quite like the guy and he’s been harshly treated by some fans. He gives it a good go it’s just very obvious he is nowhere near good enough. Reminds me of Tommy Spurr. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fox was left to play both full back and left wing today. Boyd simply played in no man's land and went missing both defensively and attacking. 

 

You look at the otherside of the pitch where reach and Palmer had a good understanding. Reach stayed wide leaving Palmer space to come underneath him. He would then fill in the gap left to provide cover. On the left Boyd left no space out wide or never went wide enough to leave space inside for fox to overlap and never covered his fullback. Criticism of fox in this game is massively unjust. 2 great tackles and an important block. When the ball went out of play yes he let it go but did he know he had been flagged offside? 

 

He may not be the long-term answer but with the invisible Man in front of him I suspect nobody will be. Well played yesterday Morgan Fox keep up the improvement and hardwork of the last few weeks. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reminds me of the nonsense threads when Loovens was here. Our lack of goals back then was apparently due to having Loovens who was too slow and held the ball up.  Nothing at all to do with the 6 midfielders and attackers being inept.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you turn a fox in to an elephant?

 

Marry her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, nzowl said:

He was offside and let the ball go out - I saw that sat watching ifollow in New Zealand at 5 am in the morning. You need to concentrate more when you watch the game

I suppose he knew what he was doing when he crossed the ball into his own box too then :ph34r:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, malek said:

In my opinion problem with Fox is that he is not playing as lb, but as left sided cb. He rarelly offers option going forward, tries to stop opposite winger/atracking midfielder just as rarelly.

 

Got great luck that Hutchison, and first Matias and now Boyd put a lot of effort to help him defend.

Strange way of admitting you didn't go yesterday. Boyd was absolutely dreadful, hopefully another one gone in the summer. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not without his glass's 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of comments in here focussing on this game or the last two like that’s the only thing we can look at to assess players. Seems totally counterintuitive to me. I want Fox to do well like any other player and, whilst I agree he does not deserve to be a scapegoat, I am not going to delude myself he is even an adequate squad player; he isn’t, like many other of our players.

 

Transfer business since Wembley has been flipping woeful. That’s the real thing to blame. As for Fox never starting again like OP says, it’s up to Penney and/or the new loanee to displace him. Quite why they are finding it so difficult probably reflects that they may be sub-standard too. We can’t really blame any of them if so but hope SB can see the glaring deficiencies in our squad and can only hope DC sorts the money situation so he can actually resolve them. 

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

from now on he needs to play the players who have a future at the club

if we aren't keeping them next season don't play um

we've got 3 months to prep for next season

it's like pre-season but competitive

Applies to Boyd IMO, his performance today deserving of a new contract ……....…at another club!

Edited by Beauchief Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, nzowl said:

He was offside and let the ball go out - I saw that sat watching ifollow in New Zealand at 5 am in the morning. You need to concentrate more when you watch the game

Indeed. I saw the flag go up and thought nothing of it when Fox let the ball go past him. I wasn’t surprised at all though when the boos rang out - there were still some up out of their seats and having a go at Fox a second or so after the ref pointed to the linesman’s flag and clearly signalled the offside. The lad is definitely a whipping boy. 

11 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

 

I had been waiting all evening to see who todays scapegoat would be. :picnic:

It’s him, Palmer and Bannan (who some believe is on the decline and should be dropped immediately). 

9 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

With a flat back four and two holding players It comes as no surprise that we have upped our clean sheet count. We have to find a way of occupying space up the pitch, but Palmer and Fox are forced to look behind them to Hutch and Bannan; All four of them need to find a way of driving forward more when the opportunity arises. It maybe we need wait a while until we can do further work on developing three at the back, we certainly have enough CB cover. 

To be fair Nev, we needed to address our tendency to concede one or more goals every game and that formation Makes us defensively sound. It is quite an achievement that we’re managing clean sheets now compared to what was happening prior to Christmas. 

9 hours ago, OwlinOldham said:

Worse players out there for us us today than Fox. Boyd being one and as unpopular as it may be, Fessi was another one. Boyd was crap and Fessi did nothing much all game and still looks quite a bit off the pace. 

 

Fox may not be a world beater, but he has been steady lately. The lads clearly a basic left back being asked to play as more of a wingback game. Confidence must also be taking a battering when hes ripped to shreds by his own fans week in and week out even when he plays kinda well. Hes basically a whipping boy for many fans regardless of how he actually plays. Bit sad really.

I wish there was a “mega agree” upvote because I’d give it to this post. Spot on OwlInOldham

6 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

So its a defenders fault we didnt score even though we kept another clean sheet. The biggest improvement in any player in last 6 weeks is Fox by a mile. I was surprised how little we missed Lees. The Hector Thorniley partnership looked solid.

Another “Mega Upvote” required here 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...