Lucas - Goal Machine

Since he found his shooting boots mid last season:-

2161 minutes played - 16 goals - a goal every 135 minutes

It compares well with this season’s leading scorers:-

Sharp - 19 goals - goal every 111 minutes

Abraham - 19 goals - goal every 109 minutes

Pukki - 18 goals - goal every 133 minutes

Hope he can continue this form over the long term. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

When he came on against Chelsea he bamboozled about four of them in the box - OK - so it was our box but he still did it. 

Yep and we could see some of the Chelsea fans applauding from the away end as i don't think they were expecting a bit of skill like that as he showed great composure to abate a dangerous situation.

26 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Most skilful player at the club easily the best finisher now that Hooper is knackered and the one most capable of playing in the Premier league. 

When he came on against Chelsea he bamboozled about four of them in the box - OK - so it was our box but he still did it. 

Tend to agree and if we are going to persist with yesterday's formation then Joao has to be the one to play off Fletcher. One phase of played demonstrated to me why FF should not play the no.10 role...when he should have squared to Fletcher for a tap in, that for me was inexcusable, it was totally the wrong option. If I was Fletcher I would have hammered him for it, it's the sort of thing you see in kids football where they want to score but forget what is the easier and better option. This isn't an isolated incident when FF plays up front it's the norm but sometimes he will bail himself out with a bit of brilliance. Yes he may bring other attributes to the table playing there but you can not have an individual playing the no.10 role, he has got to also play for the team and our no.9 is soon going to get pissed off with his selfishness and unpredictable nature of his play.

Imo you're far better using FF's traits elsewhere on the pitch - LHS of a front three. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Jos couldn’t really sign players in the summer.

He was a poor manager but circumstance wise he did have quite a rough ride. 

Bruce signed 3 players in one day, Jos signed 3 players in a year. Says it all really.

44 minutes ago, Walt said:

Tend to agree and if we are going to persist with yesterday's formation then Joao has to be the one to play off Fletcher. One phase of played demonstrated to me why FF should not play the no.10 role...when he should have squared to Fletcher for a tap in, that for me was inexcusable, it was totally the wrong option. If I was Fletcher I would have hammered him for it, it's the sort of thing you see in kids football where they want to score but forget what is the easier and better option. This isn't an isolated incident when FF plays up front it's the norm but sometimes he will bail himself out with a bit of brilliance. Yes he may bring other attributes to the table playing there but you can not have an individual playing the no.10 role, he has got to also play for the team and our no.9 is soon going to get pissed off with his selfishness and unpredictable nature of his play.

Imo you're far better using FF's traits elsewhere on the pitch - LHS of a front three. 

Personally have to agree I feel FF is too selfish at times. Personally I don’t see what the fuss is anymore he hasn’t done a lot in 2 seasons apart from the odd moment. The first season he was immense and by far our best player and talisman. The last 2 have been disappointing from a lack of discipline, at times lack of effort, poor off field antics and yes at times unfortunate injuries. I hope SB can bring the best out of him like CC did in the first season. But I agree he’s not the right fit up top alongside someone else.

4 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Bruce signed 3 players in one day, Jos signed 3 players in a year. Says it all really.

What about the players he froze out completely? Since these have returned there has been a drastic up turn in form. These 3 players signed by Bruce haven’t played since JL left yet we find ourselves in a much better position. I agree Jos was hampered by not many signings, but at the same time we shouldn’t have been relegation candidates with the team we had. Defo at least mid table to at the very best lower play off positions.

10 minutes ago, Lemi_the_owl said:

What about the players he froze out completely? Since these have returned there has been a drastic up turn in form. These 3 players signed by Bruce haven’t played since JL left yet we find ourselves in a much better position. I agree Jos was hampered by not many signings, but at the same time we shouldn’t have been relegation candidates with the team we had. Defo at least mid table to at the very best lower play off positions.

Yes, there were other reasons why Jos was a disastrous appointment for us and the last thing I’ll do is stick up for him but rightly or wrongly he never had the opportunity to mould a side/squad in his choosing through recruitment.

Not really sure you can play Joao as a lone frontman. We didn't retain the ball at all up top after Fletcher went off and looked lightweight. Its not a coincidence that it coincided with Ipswich having their best chances. As @gurujuan always says, a frontman has to do more than score a goal in the modern game. Still nice to see him score again but there must be a reason he's been on the bench for the last 3 managers when everyone's fit. 

3 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Yes, there were other reasons why Jos was a disastrous appointment for us and the last thing I’ll do is stick up for him but rightly or wrongly he never had the opportunity to mould a side/squad in his choosing through recruitment.

Very true, I agree when it came to signings he didn’t really have a fair crack.