Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

11 hours ago, gurujuan said:

So it’s likely to be all down to the last 4 days. Can’t see us doing any business before Saturday’s game, and Sunday, well nowt really happens on a Sunday. We will need to appoint a manager, give him the list of players we’ve targeted, get his approval and get cracking on signing them up. I’m thinking it will be 3 or 4 coming in, with at least the same going out. People were saying a week ago, there’s so much to do, and only a couple of weeks to get it done. Well now, nothings been tied up yet, so we are leaving it very late

I'm starting to get the feeling we might have done our business for this window unless Joao goes out. There doesn't seem to be much urgency.

I hope I'm wrong because we could do with a few kids going out plus Winnall, Joao (maybe), One of the keepers, JVA, Fox, a mix of loans and sales. We also need a few loans in. 

3 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Blades are preppin' well for a return to the Championship.

Not a chance those signings will keep them in the Prem.

To be fair to them there was no way their squad was going to get promotion last year but Wilder managed to get a tune out of those misfits. He might do the same again and keep them up. I reckon it's 50/50.

1 minute ago, prowl said:

To be fair to them there was no way their squad was going to get promotion last year but Wilder managed to get a tune out of those misfits. He might do the same again and keep them up. I reckon it's 50/50.

Fair point, but the Prem and Championship are 2 vastly contrasting leagues - the quality goes up ten fold.

I read an interesting stat on Twitter the other day that dem blades had spent £30mill+ on 3 strikers who's scored a combined 3 goals in the Prem.

#GameChanging

Uniteds biggest problem will be keeping Wilder if he does do well, big clubs will 100% be sniffing 

while he’s there I wouldn’t doubt them staying up, and maybe even been quite comfortable 

Edited by Guest

58 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Blades are preppin' well for a return to the Championship.

Not a chance those signings will keep them in the Prem.

Probably guaranteed to take them straight back up again though

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

See those pigs have agreed a 20 million fee for McBurnie. Hell of a lot of money for them to spend. Is he even that good? 

TBH he's the only player they've signed that I'm slightly envious of. That said, £20m is way overpriced. Swansea had their pants down big time on that deal and the fact his previous manager (Potter) wasn't in for him after moving to Brighton speaks volumes, given they're not overly blessed with attacking options.

Decent Championship player, but for £20m! No thanks

30 minutes ago, striker said:

TBH he's the only player they've signed that I'm slightly envious of. That said, £20m is way overpriced. Swansea had their pants down big time on that deal and the fact his previous manager (Potter) wasn't in for him after moving to Brighton speaks volumes, given they're not overly blessed with attacking options.

Decent Championship player, but for £20m! No thanks

I liked the look of the kid from Preston they’ve signed. I thought looked a really good prospect when I saw him back end of last season on the box.

3 minutes ago, Growl67 said:

I liked the look of the kid from Preston they’ve signed. I thought looked a really good prospect when I saw him back end of last season on the box.

Not seen enough of him to be fair, but again spaffed £8m on him?!

Think the piggies are getting excited with a bit of money to spend. 

Guest domSWFC

Think United seem to be building for a promotion rub next year, and you can hardly blame them. Even relegation this year, and promotion next sets them up for a very very comfortable financial situation for the next 5 years. 

I've got a bet with a piggy mate that Ravel won't be in their squad by the end of January. It he performs well he'll be off, or he'll be dropped like he has everywhere else. Their fans are adamant that Wilder can do something with him that many better manager's haven't. 

1 hour ago, Growl67 said:

Not a bad player but I think they have signed the wrong one, most of their goals scored and created come through Brown, If we were looking for a creative midfielder should we get an offer for say Bannan I would be hoping we sign Brown.

Last season played 38 games, scored 12 and 5 assists