Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

47 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Unless Bullen gets the job, I can't see us signing anyone

Not a lot of time left for an outsider to be appointed and get up to speed on what's needed at the club

Said in the football heaven mangers group that He and the other recruitment that are putting together a list of player recommendations for the Chairman. 

11 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Anyone know when the window finishes for permanent signings and bringing in loans?

There is no loan window this season as there was last we have just 8 days and it shuts until January.

Unless there is some free agents about. Though we done have a great record with recruiting them either.

As a side point has Hooper found himself a new employer yet?

• Thanks 1

Just now, room0035 said:

There is no loan window this season as there was last we have just 8 days and it shuts until January.

Unless there is some free agents about. Though we done have a great record with recruiting them either.

No, and it’s probably a good indicator as to why we released him in first place 

1 minute ago, agentwalker said:

Said in the football heaven mangers group that He and the other recruitment that are putting together a list of player recommendations for the Chairman. 

Should that list have been given to the chairman at the end of last season, seems more hope then any chance of actually signing any players in that we need.

Would have loved a few of the young prem players from Man Utd - but not going to happen now.

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

No, and it’s probably a good indicator as to why we released him in first place 

I don't want him back but he was just one of those players with so much talent but an awful injury record.

I thought with his record when fit someone like a West Brom or a Swansea would have had a punt on him being a free agent, unless of course he is heading back to Celtic.

Edited by room0035

Just now, room0035 said:

I don't want him back but he was just one of those players with so much talent but an awful injury record.

I thought with his record when fit someone like a West Brom or a Swansea would have had a punt on him being a free agent, unless of course he is heading back to Cheltic.

Never fit though is he pal,  can’t doubt his talent but for his wages he’s a huge risk 

I thought he might go MLS 

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Thanks for that! We have 8 days to get our act together. Bring in a new manager, bring some players in and maybe sell a couple. We also have the Forestieri issue hanging over us. 

Only Pudil and Boyd have got themselves new clubs. The others we have released haven’t found clubs yet. Hooper will be wanting a minimum £25k PW and I don’t think many clubs will be wanting to pay that much. I think we offered him £16k PW contract extension (half his current wage) but he turned us down. 

58 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Unless Bullen gets the job, I can't see us signing anyone

Not a lot of time left for an outsider to be appointed and get up to speed on what's needed at the club

I’ll tell him, will take 15 seconds. 

Midfield beast, winger and Michael Hector.

Done.

1 hour ago, agentwalker said:

Just been listening to Potchettino complaining about a similar situation at Spurs 

My take on it is, any new manager now, will be expected, if we do our homework with the appointment, to proceed with the work that has been done over the summer  It would be ridiculous for someone to come in now, and try and instil a new way of playing.  The same goes for recruitment, Bullen and rest of the staff will know what’s needed to improve our chances, and they are the ones best placed to decide what’s needed. Then the new coach, whoever he may be, can work with the squad, perhaps slowly introducing some of his own ideas  Come January, he will will have had time to assess the squad properly, and can then make any changes he feels would help. It’s vitally important that we balance the squad, whether the new man is in charge or not

Edited by gurujuan

Norwich taking the pee........

Sheffield Wednesday have turned down a cheeky offer from Norwich City for striker Jordan Rhodes, The Star understands.

It is understood the Canaries reignited their interest in Rhodes, who spent last on loan at Carrow Road, earlier this week.

But the Premier League newcomers attempted to sign Rhodes, the Owls' club-record £8m signing, on a free transfer.

Norwich's 'bid' has left Wednesday's hierarchy incensed and has been flatly rejected.