Staff should know the rules

3 minutes ago, folger said:

VAR is BS. It's like all those impotent old men got in a room and said shall we hire decent referees? No, lets give our incompetent ones the ability to stop the game for 5 mins and ask a competent one that isn't actually present to decide. Only in football.

All refs make mistakes, even the good ones.

Dont see anything wrong with minimising chance of errors.

27 minutes ago, folger said:

VAR is BS. It's like all those impotent old men got in a room and said shall we hire decent referees? No, lets give our incompetent ones the ability to stop the game for 5 mins and ask a competent one that isn't actually present to decide. Only in football.

And Rugby. And Cricket. And Tennis. And Baseball. And Basketball. And American Football. And Hockey.

• Haha 3

Some people are just absolutely desperate to attack the club, bitch and whine about the club and its employees, who do you support again? Remember what the word "support" means? A lot of people seem to have forgotten.

Edited by uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

You don’t know the rules either.

Uncontested dropball.

I could say you don’t either as there aren’t any rules in football.

On a more serious note I’m not sure it’s an uncontested dropball but just a dropball. From what I saw the ref never gave us the opportunity to contest - did anyone see anything differently?

They really need to use this trial period to iron out these issues and make sure they know, consistently, what the rule is when a decision is overturned. 

Hypothetically,  what if the ref had (wrongly) awarded us the pen yesterday and the ball had then broken to a Wednesday player in front of goal after he blew the whistle and he put it into the net? Goal? Uncontested drop ball to the defending side? Pelupessy didn't dive but it wasn't a foul either, so we'd have had a perfectly good goal ruled out just because a ref made an initial wrong decision in our favour but was then overruled on that so where's the justice in that?

When it comes in full time I can see the ref refusing to blow for any but the most blatant penalties and just waiting for the VAR people to contact him and give a retrospective penalty - by which time the ball could be in the net at the other end if the pitch. 

4 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

This is the most bizarre thing. Completely unfair if VAR is not used across the whole competition. 

Yeah. And for other competitions too.

A Grimsby player was sent off in 3rd round game by VAR. Meant he was banned for a League 2 game, in which no VAR exists. VAR compromised the integrity of that league 2 match. It isn't fair that some teams in the lower divisons are subjected to it and then get punished when others are not and therefore get away with it.

44 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

You can’t just go and contest a drop ball that the ref instructs should be uncontested 

Not 100% sure but I don't believe that a referee can do that. The whole purpose of the drop ball is to have a 'fair', contested, way of restarting play. Otherwise, he might as well give one team a free kick. 

https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/laws-of-the-game-2018-19.pdf?cloudid=khhloe2xoigyna8juxw3

Law No. 8

2. Dropped ball Procedure The referee drops the ball at the position where it was when play was stopped, unless play was stopped inside the goal area in which case the ball is dropped on the goal area line which is parallel to the goal line at the point nearest to where the ball was when play was stopped. The ball is in play when it touches the ground. Any number of players may contest a dropped ball (including the goalkeepers); the referee cannot decide who may contest a dropped ball or its outcome.

9 hours ago, keepitsteel89 said:

There's times I think the same way...but then I think of the  Lampard no goal against Germany and I revert 

Goal line technology isn't VAR though, it instantly gives the correct decision which is fine and benefits the game. VAR is just a huge faff and the uncertain wait before every goal is confirmed and every penalty and offside is reviewed will spoil the game.