Staff should know the rules

It was clear from the use of VAR in the cup game that both decisions surrounding the penalty decisions were correct.

It is also clear that the Assistant Manager was unaware of the rules concerning the use of VAR and expected the game to be re-started with a Wednesday corner instead of knowing that the game would be re-started with a drop ball. This drop ball, as has become the norm following a head injury break, was not contested by Wednesday. Why not? The circumstances of the drop ball restart were completely different to the usual drop ball situations and we could and should have legitimately challenged for the ball.

I’m disappointed that our staff seem unaware of this and these tiny advantages could make a difference in the future. Moan over!

49 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

It was clear from the use of VAR in the cup game that both decisions surrounding the penalty decisions were correct.

It is also clear that the Assistant Manager was unaware of the rules concerning the use of VAR and expected the game to be re-started with a Wednesday corner instead of knowing that the game would be re-started with a drop ball. This drop ball, as has become the norm following a head injury break, was not contested by Wednesday. Why not? The circumstances of the drop ball restart were completely different to the usual drop ball situations and we could and should have legitimately challenged for the ball.

I’m disappointed that our staff seem unaware of this and these tiny advantages could make a difference in the future. Moan over!

You don’t know the rules either.

Uncontested dropball.

• Haha 1

Its the whole VAR debate all over again.

Depends if you happy to take the rough with the smooth and rely on the Referee or have the greater accuracy that comes from using modern technology.

Although it worked against us last night I'd rather have it than not, at least then you get what you deserve most of the time.

3 minutes ago, folger said:

VAR is BS. It's like all those impotent old men got in a room and said shall we hire decent referees? No, lets give our incompetent ones the ability to stop the game for 5 mins and ask a competent one that isn't actually present to decide. Only in football.

I think it’s getting harder and harder to be a competent referee, and the stakes are getting higher and higher. 

Hence giving the referees some help is probably a smart call