Sam Winnall to go on loan ?

21 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

How many goals did Winnal get for both us and Derby before he broke his leg....I reckon it was 10 in about 30 appearances...sub and starting 11..

How does that compare to our other strikers?

I dunno whether we have given him a proper chance yet

We haven't. People dont factor that in. 

I really thought Winnall and Rhodes would be the formula. That was in a galaxy far far away. 

Two stories in The Star.

1. Winnall to be allowed to go out on loan. Reason ? there are plenty of strikers at the club.

2. Van Aken will not be allowed to go out on loan. Reason? Bruce wants to have a look at the situation.

Seems strange, yes there are plenty of strikers at the club but not many with Winnall’s scoring record.

Also there are plenty of left sided central defenders at the club.

Could it be that Winnall just doesn’t fit in at Hillsborough? 

1 minute ago, acquiescefc said:

I really thought Winnall and Rhodes would be the formula. That was in a galaxy far far away. 

So did I. But then I ask myself what's the formula for Billy Sharp? My answer would be decent service on the flanks. Something we've lacked for ages. It's not rocket science, yet we miss it at every opportunity.

2 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Two stories in The Star.

1. Winnall to be allowed to go out on loan. Reason ? there are plenty of strikers at the club.

2. Van Aken will not be allowed to go out on loan. Reason? Bruce wants to have a look at the situation.

Seems strange, yes there are plenty of strikers at the club but not many with Winnall’s scoring record.

Also there are plenty of left sided central defenders at the club.

Could it be that Winnall just doesn’t fit in at Hillsborough? 

Why would that be?

We haven't really had time to see whether Winnall would fit in...

Why would Steve Bruce not want to see him play...or even train?

1 minute ago, marshy said:

So did I. But then I ask myself what's the formula for Billy Sharp? My answer would be decent service on the flanks. Something we've lacked for ages. It's not rocket science, yet we miss it at every opportunity.

I think they can play with pace and we don't or don't have much. Bannan is not long back and FF has been out. We've been ultra defensive slowballing last season and a half. Strikers don't get a look in. 

9 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

Winnall and Rhodes have similar flaws, they aren’t very good footballers

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, acquiescefc said:

I think they can play with pace and we don't or don't have much. Bannan is not long back and FF has been out. We've been ultra defensive slowballing last season and a half. Strikers don't get a look in. 

It’s probably more of the former, we don’t play with it, rather than not having it We certainly have more than United

1 minute ago, full fathom five said:

Their goal scoring record suggests otherwise and i can guarantee that both will cost more in transfer fees during their respective careers and score more goals than Nuhiu.

I’m not arguing that there won’t be people stupid enough to pay big money for those sort of players, just look at us

I think it's the correct decision.

He wants to play. He's behind Fletcher, Joao, Forestieri, Nuhiu in the team. 

5th choice striker doesn't make the bench and he's proved himself good enough to start games in the championship. Good luck to him, 18k a week off the wage bill.

Be nice to receive a player in return, even if it's only to have a look at someone. Elmohamady?

1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

Since December 21st, a duration that they’ve both been available, Nuhiu has 2 and Winnall 0

Its about building and he’s rightly surplus as things stand, Nuhiu is needed 

Right so. Winnall 'Available' ... after a broken leg. 

Nuhiu has been available and match fit since August. How many did he score since then?