Sam Winnall to go on loan ?

2 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

Maybe try words and sentences like grown ups. 

The Nuhiu situation was done to death by 2016.

Most people agreed he had his uses 

But theres always a few that will never see this or accept him.

He'll never be a highly prolific goalscorer but he'll get the odd important goal every now and then.

That enough?

41 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

The reason every manager has kept Nuhiu is due to his height 

Seems like we’re sticking with the same outdated methodology, having a big lump up front to make it stick

Surely you pick quality over height? Winnall is a better striker than Nuhiu 

100% agree. 

What a joke of a signing, I feel sorry for Winnall and how we ship him out on loans and retain worse strikers here... we can't continue going down the route believing Nuhiu is the key to win games... Winnall alongside Fletcher/Joao could...

Hope this rumour is just stupid gossip...

32 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

The Nuhiu situation was done to death by 2016.

Most people agreed he had his uses 

But theres always a few that will never see this or accept him.

He'll never be a highly prolific goalscorer but he'll get the odd important goal every now and then.

That enough?

People were shouted down who didnt daretonuhiu.  People are starting to realise now that his 'uses' arent really worth much at 5 pm.

He got a few goals when we pushed forward and people raved about him and he got another deal.

Fast forward and we have lost Hooper, Winnall, Rhodes since then, even Joao was loaned out and unfortunately we have had to rely on him to play full games at meandering pace due to midfield issues/injuries/tactics.  Nuhiu is completely ineffective in these situations and his goal tally, which hes specifically employed for, shows this.  A couple recently from 5 yards he struggled to get in the net but goals is goals.

I know what hes 'all about' but he should be doing more.  Whilst we persist we are going to fall further and further back.  

Hes a ratio of a goal every 10 hours or something.  Never in his career has he been anywhere near prolific.  We have had to rely on Reach 30 yarders to get us points this season and that well is drying up.

I dont think anyone would take Fletcher, wage and age and medical history.  Winnall will probably be the fall guy sadly now he should be up to speed.

Nuhiu is a lovely character, like Semedo was but he was another one who needed replacing and we took too a bit too long.  

6 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Since December 21st, a duration that they’ve both been available, Nuhiu has 2 and Winnall 0

Its about building and he’s rightly surplus as things stand, Nuhiu is needed 

Sam has been out of a Year with a serious injury, The Donkey plays like he is seriously injured 95% of the time.

Only one of them is a proven goal scorer at this level the other one has been stealing a wage for the best part of 5 years, I know which one I would be building a future with and it's not the useless Donkey. 

58 minutes ago, Prince said:

Sam has been out of a Year with a serious injury, The Donkey plays like he is seriously injured 95% of the time.

Only one of them is a proven goal scorer at this level the other one has been stealing a wage for the best part of 5 years, I know which one I would be building a future with and it's not the useless Donkey. 

Not at any point have we been 'building our future' on him.

the signings (since Nuhiu arrived) of S May, Hooper, FF, Matias, Joao, Fletcher, Rhodes, Winnall prove so. 

Maybe the fact hes been fit while 6 of them 8 have been REGULARLY unfit is more the reason why hes still here, not to mention the uses he has as a sub that the last 6 owls managers have ALL used him in this role. maybe folk know more than the last 6 guys in the job who have all picked him?

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

58 games in the championship vs 194

Only one of them is proven in the championship 

Depends what you want doesn't it?

If you have no ambition and like to watch the ball bounce off The Donkey week in and week out then I suggest you are easily pleased. I prefer strikers who can actually score goals and offer something to the team other than being the football equivalent of a Speed Hump.

How many times, different kind of players. Don’t you ever learn? Jordan Rhodes

Hang on, let me guess. Didn’t play to his strengths 

:duntmatter:

Think people are avoiding the issue, if we made 20+ chances per game and was missing them all. Then I would agree, Winnall should be an option.

But we are not making them chances. It's also quite likely Nuhiu would create a chance for himself or others during his 15min cameos

2 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

People were shouted down who didnt daretonuhiu.  People are starting to realise now that his 'uses' arent really worth much at 5 pm.

He got a few goals when we pushed forward and people raved about him and he got another deal.

Fast forward and we have lost Hooper, Winnall, Rhodes since then, even Joao was loaned out and unfortunately we have had to rely on him to play full games at meandering pace due to midfield issues/injuries/tactics.

I like what you did there. lol

15 hours ago, Beholder said:

Are you not aware of Joao's goals or the club this season? . 

Joao has scored 8 goals , yeah I, aware. He’s also very erratic and better coming off the bench . Why does there always have to another agenda or wise crack . Winnall is a decent player and imo should be given a chance . 

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Joao has scored 8 goals , yeah I, aware. He’s also very erratic and better coming off the bench . Why does there always have to another agenda or wise crack . Winnall is a decent player and imo should be given a chance . 

Well your comment that none of our strikers score other than Winnall is untrue, hence the reply. 

26 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Well your comment that none of our strikers score other than Winnall is untrue, hence the reply. 

Right , I’ll start again . 

Why would the club club want to go rid of winnal as the only natural scorer we have , apart from joao who has scored 8 this season which is a decent enough return , however sometimes he’s erratic and better off the bench , other than joao our only natural goal scorer ... there