Sam Winnall to go on loan ?

18 hours ago, striker said:

Maybe that's what Steve and Stephen have been doing on his behalf. 

We've plenty of non scoring forwards, but for potential flaws in his all round game, Winnall is a goalscorer and I'd be a bit disappointed to see him go elsewhere. Problem is, we don't seem to want to play 2 up front and Joao and FF better in those wide attacking roles and he needs gametime in a front 2.

we 'have to start playing 2 up, when w e get the staff to do so, i's still like to see winnall get his chance.

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

elHe is our 6th choice striker, when Hooper comes back, he’ll drop to 7th choice If we sign a new centre forward, he’ll be 8th choice

hooper's done (one way or another), nuhiu isn't prolific enough, he maybe kept on by bruce.

bruce for me will play 'longer' than we've seen for some time, thus will need fletcher's ariel challenge ability, I think big dave will need to improve his jumping to get the second slot.

guess it depends finally on where bruce sees us as needing reinforcement, and how much he has to spend. 

8 minutes ago, dnhc said:

hooper's done (one way or another), nuhiu isn't prolific enough, he maybe kept on by bruce.

bruce for me will play 'longer' than we've seen for some time, thus will need fletcher's ariel challenge ability, I think big dave will need to improve his jumping to get the second slot.

guess it depends finally on where bruce sees us as needing reinforcement, and how much he has to spend. 

Yep, you’re probably right about Hooper. There are question marks against all of our forwards, and I do believe it is an area Bruce will want to address If he wants to bring another in, currently then Winnall is the most expendable 

Personally, I don’t rate Winnall, I think he’s a fairly basic footballer, but that’s just my opinion

31 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Right , I’ll start again . 

Why would the club club want to go rid of winnal as the only natural scorer we have , apart from joao who has scored 8 this season which is a decent enough return , however sometimes he’s erratic and better off the bench , other than joao our only natural goal scorer ... there 

We need to reduce outgoings. 

Also Hooper is coming back which will mean 7 strikers at the club. Winnal, Fletch, Joao, FF, Matias, Hooper, Nuhiu, 

They can't all play. 

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

You haven’t a clue what order he is until Bruce gets here, he may be behind even all the youth set up, but Bruce might like what he sees and make him first choice

Well it would be too late to get him out then wouldn’t it One presumes, or at least hopes, that Bruce would have used this time while his assistants were running the show, to assess all our options

5 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

He needs to get his fitness back up, before Bruce can decide to keep or sell.

A loan move back to the Dingles would be good, let them get him fit and he can help them get promotion.

No point just staying and playing in the U23.

He may as well get fit with us, we are going nowhere this season. 

Just now, bigash_swfc said:

I'm sure I read...

Barnsley paid Winnall 4.5k per week.

We quadrupled his pay to 18k per week.

So will League One Barnsley, be able to afford his Championship wages. 

Spot on. 

So the reason Winnal is the most likely leaver is that he is the only one who a championship club would consider and cover his wages. 

He has scored goals with Derby and with Barnsley at this level. 

Would like to see him given a run of games.

Foriesteri and Joao either side of a striker. Probably Fletcher at this point but would rather have Winnall on than Nuhiu.

Fletcher and Nuhiu out of contract at end of season so would rather we give Winnall a chance.

4 hours ago, james o connor said:

Joao has scored 8 goals , yeah I, aware. He’s also very erratic and better coming off the bench . Why does there always have to another agenda or wise crack . Winnall is a decent player and imo should be given a chance . 

6 of his 8 goals came in games that he started, and the other 2 at Bristol were after he came on as a very early sub and had been on the pitch for an hour before scoring.

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Yep, you’re probably right about Hooper. There are question marks against all of our forwards, and I do believe it is an area Bruce will want to address If he wants to bring another in, currently then Winnall is the most expendable 

Personally, I don’t rate Winnall, I think he’s a fairly basic footballer, but that’s just my opinion

I could see from your post that you didn't rate him, because he's likely the second best scorer amongst our list of forwards.

after hooper who can't play from 30 yards out, fletcher, not fast enough, not enough goals, nuhiu only hits the mark when contract terms are due, joao still lacking consistency, enthusiasm and drive to make that second striker role his.

I think the second striker role will go to a pacey goal scorer, who? I/we don't know.

6 minutes ago, alanharper said:

6 of his 8 goals came in games that he started, and the other 2 at Bristol were after he came on as a very early sub and had been on the pitch for an hour before scoring.

IF he has the energy and enthusiasm for the second striker role alongside fletcher, he needs to start showing it, he hasn't the people to compete against that have been there the last 3 years, new will be coming in, and he has them to best also.