Be careful Wednesday

I think this is why Bruce is coming the day after the transfer window ends. No pressure, and no expectation of any business.

Bruce's job is to stabilise Wednesday over the next four months and agree the players exit, and who is coming in over the summer for next season's campaign.

This will all be done under the terms of the FFP, particularly if the EFL set an example with Birmingham.

We need to get on with the blood letting. 

If we can Reach and one or two others off the books then it will go a long way to fixing our problems. Unfortunately DC has shown no sign that this is the route he intends to go down, instead he is looking for some loophole that the rest of the league has missed. 

10 hours ago, owls-swfc said:

Do the relegated premiership teams get + 21  points as a bonus, plus windfall payments? 

mmm! that might be of interest to the fa as on occasion one of the 3 don't get straight back up.

this would really ensure everyone else in the division was handicapped, but they'd have to give the one in the play offs a leg up too. like 3 start in the home semi, plus 2 in the final.

10 hours ago, billyblack said:

Not many but there was some. 

there were those who wanted a certain type of player, ie. centre and full back, defensive m/f, wingman etc.  but I don't remember anyone shouting 'stop spending, we don't like that'.

I did think along those lines, but I have to admit I didn't post it as I felt i'd be swamped by the tsunami that followed.

26 minutes ago, dnhc said:

there were those who wanted a certain type of player, ie. centre and full back, defensive m/f, wingman etc.  but I don't remember anyone shouting 'stop spending, we don't like that'.

I did think along those lines, but I have to admit I didn't post it as I felt i'd be swamped by the tsunami that followed.

Fans always want new players. It should be safe to assume if we’ve bought them we can afford them. You’re little rant is ridiculous. 

59 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

Fans always want new players. It should be safe to assume if we’ve bought them we can afford them. You’re little rant is ridiculous. 

Agree. Would have to be a pretty miserable sod to say after we signed Rhodes to say you have looked into the accounts and FFP rules and its unsustainable.

9 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

I’d say the majority only had qualms with £8m for Rhodes, most were happy with the rest of the signings on first impressions 

Probably right, for me this was the signing that did most damage financially and made little sense.

5 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

But now people don’t assume because dc can’t be trusted with the finances  you and dnhc are the first ones on here crying like your his mothers. 

Why would i trust him financially? Has he done a good job on that front?