Be careful Wednesday

I was under the impression we need to raise circa 10 million in fees in January and shed 8 million in wages in the summer, ie not renew any of the expiring contracts.

Im amazed Bruce would take a job under these constraints so ground sale or third party cash injection something must be going on.

Oh my goodness that is a shame when do you think they will get deduct their points  dread  to think that Sheffield Wednesday would take advantage and go up a place in the league One place closer to the play-offs under the circumstances Oh Deary Deary meB1AF1ADB-5C04-4BD8-9B32-2536CE5F0312.jpeg.d4e1e6632646704e45946e9f1eea6299.jpeg

• Haha 1

Really hope we play it safe and just bring in a couple of loan signings this window. Reassess in the summer and hopefully freshen up the squad with incoming and outgoings. Chances are we won’t be near the top 6 this season so no need to gamble and spend big imo. If we have to sell 1 or 2 of our better players in the summer to enable us to freshen up the squad I hope we do that. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, TheEnd1976 said:

Oh my goodness that is a shame when do you think they will get deduct their points  dread  to think that Sheffield Wednesday would take advantage and go up a place in the league One place closer to the play-offs under the circumstances Oh Deary Deary meB1AF1ADB-5C04-4BD8-9B32-2536CE5F0312.jpeg.d4e1e6632646704e45946e9f1eea6299.jpeg

"One would say up yourself to the power of four" 

15 minutes ago, 1963owl said:

agreed but i cant remember many of us complaining while he was spending it

Let them high earners out contract go and get 3 or 4 good loans in  summer .

3 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I thought they were re-jigging spend, up to £60M from £39M. (only applies to clubs with rich owners, not debt to banks etc)

Not many know yet though :carlos:

It should be rejigged so that owners can put in as much as they want but can't load the club itself (or it's sets i.e. the ground) up with the debt. If you happen to be blessed with a wealthy owner at the helm then good luck to you.

Edited by Utah Owl

So EfL FFP rules permit a maximum of £39M of losses over a 3 year period and Birmingham have just reported annual losses of £37.5M in their latest results alone for year ending June 2018.  It makes you wonder what sort of numpties are running football clubs in the modern era?  

The Telegraph also states that their wage bill alone represents £202 being spent for every £100 being brought in.  I hope and believe DC is running our club with a little more care than the Brum owners, but I guess nothing should surprise in the current environment. 

2 minutes ago, East Yorks Owl said:

So EfL FFP rules permit a maximum of £39M of losses over a 3 year period and Birmingham have just reported annual losses of £37.5M in their latest results alone for year ending June 2018.  It makes you wonder what sort of numpties are running football clubs in the modern era?  

The Telegraph also states that their wage bill alone represents £202 being spent for every £100 being brought in.  I hope and believe DC is running our club with a little more care than the Brum owners, but I guess nothing should surprise in the current environment. 

We need to bring in 4-5 bona fide PL players.

Then, when we go up, those rules and regulations will count for nothing.

We're probably going to be sanctioned anyway, so we may as well go for broke.

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/01/04/birmingham-face-major-points-penalty-spending-spiralled-harry/

If DC is thinking of gambling this window on promotion, I hope he thinks again.

Doesn't sound too pretty for Birmingham, and I'd hate us to go down the same route. it would truly set us back years.

I urge the chairman to consider selling some of our better players. Every well run club does it in order to not get in trouble with the EFL. If bids come in for Joao, Reach or Bannan this window I think it would be wise to cash in and put our FFP troubles to bed. 

There are also alarming figures for the club’s wage-to-turnover ratio, with Birmingham paying out a remarkable £202 in wages for every £100 they brought in.

Even in John Motsons Terms that really is quite remarkable.

:stuwinky:

And the end result, they, just like Wednesday could have been relegated to League One.

I'm starting to think something is very wrong in football........

Maybe fans forums for Football League clubs could try and get the League to take this more seriously? 

Fines are not the answer, they need to prevent the transfers / contracts being signed in the first place.

Let's face it, it's funny until you realise it's now £40 a ticket to watch an hour and a half a football.

The fans are getting taken to the cleaners.

I’m not expecting us to do much this window. I still think we’ll see one of Bannan or Reach sold and I could see Fletcher going to Celtic.

I think Bruce has come here with the possibility of being busy in the summer?

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/01/04/birmingham-face-major-points-penalty-spending-spiralled-harry/

If DC is thinking of gambling this window on promotion, I hope he thinks again.

Doesn't sound too pretty for Birmingham, and I'd hate us to go down the same route. it would truly set us back years.

I urge the chairman to consider selling some of our better players. Every well run club does it in order to not get in trouble with the EFL. If bids come in for Joao, Reach or Bannan this window I think it would be wise to cash in and put our FFP troubles to bed. 

Dont worry.............. we have friends 

• Haha 1