Be careful Wednesday

12 hours ago, Box_Man said:

I was under the impression we need to raise circa 10 million in fees in January and shed 8 million in wages in the summer, ie not renew any of the expiring contracts.

Im amazed Bruce would take a job under these constraints so ground sale or third party cash injection something must be going on.

Yes there is no way Bruce takes this job if there are financial constraints for the next year or so. Either we will find a way to give him money to spend on players this month or for the summer. 

But i agree with others that we shouldn’t try breaking the bank this month to go for a promotion which is unlikely, and rather plot for next season being a great one

Just out of interest, do you know how many players we have sold for a fee since and including 2011/2012, 8 which includes Jack Hunt, about 1 a season. Last ones prior to him were stevie may and rhoys wiggins. If we need to raise money we will need to break the habit of a lifetime.

6 hours ago, kingsidney said:

Fans always want new players. It should be safe to assume if we’ve bought them we can afford them. You’re little rant is ridiculous. 

it's not a 'rant'.

it's merely a reply to someone's comment, sorry I didn't run it past you first, yours is the ridiculous rant..

5 hours ago, billyblack said:

Probably right, for me this was the signing that did most damage financially and made little sense.

Winnall was the sensible buy, I couldn’t understand buying Rhodes, but we are where we are, perhaps clubs should have to have all purchases sanctioned. But having said that Rhodes would not fetch Reach money, or even that of Fessi, interesting times await us.