Be careful Wednesday

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/01/04/birmingham-face-major-points-penalty-spending-spiralled-harry/

If DC is thinking of gambling this window on promotion, I hope he thinks again.

Doesn't sound too pretty for Birmingham, and I'd hate us to go down the same route. it would truly set us back years.

I urge the chairman to consider selling some of our better players. Every well run club does it in order to not get in trouble with the EFL. If bids come in for Joao, Reach or Bannan this window I think it would be wise to cash in and put our FFP troubles to bed. 

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/01/04/birmingham-face-major-points-penalty-spending-spiralled-harry/

If DC is thinking of gambling this window on promotion, I hope he thinks again.

Doesn't sound too pretty for Birmingham, and I'd hate us to go down the same route. it would truly set us back years.

I urge the chairman to consider selling some of our better players. Every well run club does it in order to not get in trouble with the EFL. If bids come in for Joao, Reach or Bannan this window I think it would be wise to cash in and put our FFP troubles to bed. 

you'll be slagging him off regardless and just waiting for SB to lose a couple...try holding your breath till it happens lol 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

# Sadly Sally your never happy.. 

You need to support chansiri so much more.. 

Black clouds used to chase me

They thought we would go down, but now we want more.... 

Forget your tears.. 
We will allay your fears 

Wednesday sent to you from Heaven

Sally Cinnamon you're in our world #

• Haha 9

1 minute ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Just seen on bbc website possible 21 point deduction to be reviewed in February. Seems the EFL now meen business. Agree we need to tread carefully. 

Do the relegated premiership teams get + 21  points as a bonus, plus windfall payments? 

• Haha 3

It's all quite ironic really. 

The one thing that could put the nail in our coffin and send us to league one is that we have spent far too much money.

But ask any real fan of chansiri who thinks he's a brilliant owner, the one thing they'll always justify their opinion on it that he's spent loads of money. 

Baffling really 

15 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

Do the relegated premiership teams get + 21  points as a bonus, plus windfall payments? 

I agree its a massive advantage to have those payments but some still dont go up. Villa Bolton Sunderland Blackburn have all struggled in fact Bolton Sunderland and Blackburn did the double drop.

33 minutes ago, poite said:

It's all quite ironic really. 

The one thing that could put the nail in our coffin and send us to league one is that we have spent far too much money.

But ask any real fan of chansiri who thinks he's a brilliant owner, the one thing they'll always justify their opinion on it that he's spent loads of money. 

Baffling really 

Spending money and spending money wisely are two different things

8 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Will just have to wait and see what happens in the next couple of transfer windows. 

Are they not reports of the rules going to be relaxed soon?

The squad is already far too big though and needs trimming for football reasons by itself.

The way they are cracking down on Brum suggests they won't be relaxed anytime soon. 

• Thanks 1

Think if we were going to go on a spending spree this month that SB would already be here evaluating the situation on the ground.

Suspect this season is about him getting to know the team/squad and properly assessing what is needed for a strong promotion push next year. In the meantime we will shed some pretty big earners in the summer so hopefully should be okay.

Edited by Utah Owl