SYP Call for weekday Sheffield derbies only

11 hours ago, EssexOwl said:

They have been bent over for their incompetence since 1989 and we continue to pay the price...

Not so much their incompetence on the day, although along with other factors that played a part, but the shameful, criminal way they lied about it afterwards !

• Like 1

Those that know me will know I know a fair bit about this. Never ceased to amaze me that the people making these sort of decisions have such a little understanding of what footballs actually about. But therein lies the promble

On 04/01/2019 at 16:31, owls maniac said:

So we have to have them midweek because they are the only police force inept enough that they can't police a weekend derby?

fizz me. 

SYP are incompetent , pure and simple. They have a long and shameful history of incompetence.  

There is a history of conflict between Tory governments and coppers throughout the UK e.g. Miners strike, Operation Fernbridge, Hillsborough, Plebgate and the rest. The only way to bring to bring the police back inline to act as a sort of Gestapo around Brexit is to haul them aboard HMS Oppression. That means giving them more freedom to you, so it's hardly surprising the police are again getting a bit too big for their boots. I can see a state of National Emergency being called in the near future 

Really, what with the Rhino Whip Affair, Orgreave, Hillsborough Disaster, Rotherham Child Sex Scandal and the Cliff Richard fiasco, isn’t it about time that this excuse for a police force merged with the West Yorkshire force? Whenever Chief Constable Stephen Watson is being interviewed on Radio Sheffield, and let’s face it they don’t have any Jeremy Paxmans, he sounds like someone with something to hide, probably because he has.

• Like 1

On 04/01/2019 at 18:50, Steelman said:

Look how many officers they have compared to SYP. It's also to do with Mutual Aid and having to request cops from other forces which they have to do more of on a weekend.

LIke I say, I'm not a fan of SYP. The last few times family and friends have needed them they've been garbage. But they can only work with what the tories give them, don't forget that.

Oh its the Tories fault now, are you sure its not  Thatcher's fault ?

Those nasty Tories giving SYP less money than other forces.

So if Labour/Lib Dems win the next election we can have Weekend derbies back, because SYP will suddenly be given more Money, Dream on.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Marpals said:

Oh its the Tories fault now, are you sure its not  Thatcher's fault ?

Those nasty Tories giving SYP less money than other forces.

So if Labour/Lib Dems win the next election we can have Weekend derbies back, because SYP will suddenly be given more Money, Dream on.

More chance of us getting automatic promotion than labour winning an election with the current unelectable leadership!

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 10:23, casbahowl said:

Not so much their incompetence on the day, although along with other factors that played a part, but the shameful, criminal way they lied about it afterwards !

They just carried on from Orgreave...99 arrests and not one went to court because they colluded on the evidence. How thefuck there hasn't been an enquiry on this is beyond belief

• Thanks 1

I just don't understand how useless they are. When you look at other derby's such as the Manchester one, the fans are separated by a single line of stewards and perhaps a single row of chairs and that's it. 

SYP have to cordon off half the ground then have 100's of cops standing in the corner until 15 mins before the end, then they treat the away end like the equivalent of the France riots. I sware if they were allowed they'd have water cannons and tear gas at the ready as well.

I can't be bothered to look them up again but SYP have had a bigger drop in police officer numbers than almost any other force in the country over the last 25 years.

At the same time, they have a had a bigger rise in 'support staff' numbers that any other force. Its how they choose to spend their money that's the problem.

51 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

I think both games in 2005/6 were at Saturday 3pm. 

Someone else on another forum suggested that was the case. 

Really not that many times if you look back

It’s not just the police, many public sector workers from the ‘professions’, are very hard pressed to comprehend that they are supposed to be at the service of the public, but it’s the police that appear to win the prize for consistent gross incompetence, I well recall when Fargate was pedestrianised that all shops/businesses without loading bays, were prohibited from recieving deliveries to their front doors by van. This lasted no longer than a couple of days after the newly promoted Inspector, who had thought this cracker up, had his ear bent many times by the powers that be. My favourite is of a young woman with two young kids, a pushchair and several bags of shopping who on a match day was refused access to her home, situated on Vere Road, by one of South Yorkshire’s finest, because she wasn’t the holder of a  SWFC season ticket. 

I was running down Lepping Lane after a match yonks ago, I was about 13 maybe 14.. A big cop gave me a slap, knocked me on the floor..I was running for the bus, No. 17 which was at the bus stop and didn't want to miss it.

I told him, he said well bloody well walk in an orderly fashion. I wanted to smash the foooker in the face.

He was a massive bully, there was fighting all over leppings lane. Yet he chose to clobber me rather than deal with others.

Never had much time for syp after that.

Cant remember who we played, would have been early 70's

I remember hundreds of us being marched out of Bramall Lane by plod while we tried telling them we needed to go in the opposite direction to our cars.

Then after about a quarter of a mile plod disappeared and left us to it but turned a blind eye while we fought our way all the way back through tons of Blades fans wanting a scrap.

SYP cause so many problems it's beyond belief and it's no wonder everybody has lost respect for the police

I'd never trust the police in this country and it doesn't make a difference which government is in power they're all self serving, corrupt, evil scum who don't care about the British people.

25 minutes ago, horny owl said:

I remember hundreds of us being marched out of Bramall Lane by plod while we tried telling them we needed to go in the opposite direction to our cars.

Then after about a quarter of a mile plod disappeared and left us to it but turned a blind eye while we fought our way all the way back through tons of Blades fans wanting a scrap.

SYP cause so many problems it's beyond belief and it's no wonder everybody has lost respect for the police

I'd never trust the police in this country and it doesn't make a difference which government is in power they're all self serving, corrupt, evil scum who don't care about the British people.

A bit over the top mate 

The various losses in funding in real terms between 2007 and 2017 was to the tune of £74m. Which will have made an impact in terms of them tying to cut spending.

However...

The main reason and we all know it is he absolute fear cast by the shadow of the monumental f*ck up and cover up.

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

A bit over the top mate 

I was referring to the government rather than the police at the end of my rant

I don't know if that makes any difference to your statement 

I'm absolutely seriousness though when I say I'll never trust the police or the government