SYP Call for weekday Sheffield derbies only

South Yorkshire Police call for weekday only derbies between Sheffield United and Sheffield Wednesday

Read more at: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/south-yorkshire-police-call-for-weekday-only-derbies-between-sheffield-united-and-sheffield-wednesday-1-9521164?fbclid=IwAR3yUTG3_i3j-qnnVa12l-drQ0z4RCbTeyW1eyFmXMsDydMl7R1h1IWz5RI

Edited by MysticOwl

What an absolute joke SYP are!! They couldn't police toddlers in a play centre...their management of the last few derby's has been shocking to say the least. How can they not handle 2,000 away fans plus the city centre as well??

I'd like to know where they have got the fact of the most expensive match in England from because I simply do not believe it!! How can policing 35k in a smaller city/smaller foot print cost more than policing 75k at Old Trafford or 65k at the Emirates over areas as big as Manchester and London?

2 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

What an absolute joke SYP are!! They couldn't police toddlers in a play centre...their management of the last few derby's has been shocking to say the least. How can they not handle 2,000 away fans plus the city centre as well??

I'd like to know where they have got the fact of the most expensive match in England from because I simply do not believe it!! How can policing 35k in a smaller city/smaller foot print cost more than policing 75k at Old Trafford or 65k at the Emirates over areas as big as Manchester and London?

You charge more I presume

• Haha 1