Aggers and Clem

For me the timing is off. Would’ve made sense for Bully to carry on and take full responsibility for first team duties (presser, training, selection and dugout) for the Luton game. After all he’s done well in the last 4 games. 

Aggers and Clem watching brief from the stands, helping them develop training schedule for following week

Day off on Sunday then new coaching staff come in fresh on Monday with a full week to integrate.

Presser on Monday PM after training for Aggers to answer questions about Bruce delay, how things will work in SB’s absence (especially transfer window) and hopes and plans for rest of season. 

Surely more logical? Things improving daily at the club but we don’t quite seem to get things just right

The team has already been picked by Bruce.

Westwood and Lees will open the batting with Hector coming in at Nr 3

Palmer and Fox will be in next but If there is a bit of a slump Hutch will be bumped up to Nr 4 to steady the ship

Reach is probably our best all rounder so he will feature with Bannan and Boyd also in the middle order.

We havent really got any pace in the attack so expect a bit of medium pace from Matias and Fletcher with some slow stuff coming from Nuhiu.

12 man will probably be someone from the academy given a bit of time with the first team.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, s.armo said:

Has Remmy gone now know he stayed on after Jos went

He was still there on Wednesday.

Don't know if he'll be staying around.

With Aggers and Clem taking training today you do start to wonder if there will be a role for him anymore.

Mind you, can you ever have enough coaches?

Look at Allardyce. He had a staff of *3,937 when he was at Bolton

*Not exact figures

Edited by Lord Snooty
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

What exactly will be their role under SB? Have they been brought iin as coaches, scouts, D0F's or what? Be nice if the club could provide uswith some info so that we 'know where the blame lies if things go as is usual at S6.

They're simply listed as "first team coach" on their club profile pages

Imogene any of us going into a job where you need to make big decisions from the off 

you’d consult with those that know. I would imagine this team will be picked based on bullens recommendation he will be key over the next two weeks 

both Steve’s will be putting the routines in place for when big Steve takes over for example 

meetings, training sessions, methods, travel plans, match days etc.... Bullen will help assist them on this as well as being a sound advisor I would think they will all sit and discuss what team to pick on the intrim and bullens opinion on player knowledge will be key 

the reason why they will be taking the press conference is to make that change visible and put the structure in place. Bullens role will be as a coach and it’s better to get back to as close to that structure as possible so everyone knows there roles ( even though I suspect bullens role will be much more influential than what this suggests ) 

6 hours ago, Morepork said:

Whilst not ideal I don't mind the waiting for SB.

That said, it could get a little awkward if results take a turn for the worse in the interim with SA and SC taking over.

I'd have left LB in charge for Jan but what do I know.

I agree with this. Are Agnew and Clemence really better in charge than LB? 

Sensible really.

Sure Agnew and Clemence will be responsible for the majority of the training when Bruce arrives, and so little will change in that aspect.

Agnew clearly appreciative of Bullen's work and knowledge of the club. They'd be crazy not to lean on Bullen over the next 4 or 5 weeks. 

Like with many managerial set-ups, Bruce will be the main man...the front man. Always have seen Bruce more as a manager than a coach. Agnew and Clemence will almost have highly specific and important roles in terms of coaching, training, analysing and motivating the squad.