Kicking the back of your seat

How do you handle it? 

I seem to always get a kid sat behind me that spends the whole match kicking my seat. When you have a back problem, it’s not great. 

Had it again today with a kid kicking the back of my chair for the whole game, but as an added bonus also kicking through the gap into my jeans directly. 

Had a word with the Dad but kept happening. Had another word. Kept happening. At what point is it acceptable to actually lose your cool with this? 

I’m just over six foot tall and manage to go a whole game without kicking or touching the seas in front of me. If your little brat can’t stop kicking the chair in front, don’t take them to the match. 

Not fun spending the rest of the day with a painful back. 

Rant over. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

If a parent can't stop their brat kicking somebody's seat they need to have a good look at themselves

Had same problem at cinema with chav parents just letting it happen

I haven't got your resolve so I normally tell them once then all hell can potentially break loose

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ask Dad and son if they'd swap seats because you suffer from a bad back. 

Or swap seats with your friend/partner.  Bit difficult if you're on your own.

Or take a rucksack next match with a big comfy pillow in it and wedge it between seat and your back.  Practical solution for a practical problem.

Turning round and whacking the miscreant would be satisfying but perhaps ill-advised in these times of festive merriment.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

How do you handle it? 

I seem to always get a kid sat behind me that spends the whole match kicking my seat. When you have a back problem, it’s not great. 

Had it again today with a kid kicking the back of my chair for the whole game, but as an added bonus also kicking through the gap into my jeans directly. 

Had a word with the Dad but kept happening. Had another word. Kept happening. At what point is it acceptable to actually lose your cool with this? 

I’m just over six foot tall and manage to go a whole game without kicking or touching the seas in front of me. If your little brat can’t stop kicking the chair in front, don’t take them to the match. 

Rant over. 

Turn round and thunder kick him right in't bolllóx, he'll learn.

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

How do you handle it? 

Rant over. 

Just let your seat up a bit so their foot and possibly leg get into the gap between back of your seat and the sitting part. 

Then sit down quickly 

They don’t do it again 

• Haha 9

4 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

You a season ticket holder? 

Didn’t renew this season. Combination of health (got a couple of ops that will see me off my feet through Feb and March) and working some Saturdays. 

Thing is, had I lost my cool I would have been the one getting thrown out. 

I calmly and politely asked for it to stop twice. It should have stopped the first time. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Spencerowl said:

I find fat people the worst, used to sit next to one who would eat his own body weight throughout the game, perched his enormous girth half way onto my seat, sweet wrappers everywhere, Pie box, plastic forks, chips, bottles of coke, I think he thought it was a Buffett. Then 5-10 mins wheezing because of the walk up the stairs - but then I generally hate people TBF 

Was at work last week, nothing to do, what with it being Christmas, so we hovered up, the fat lad in the office (around 35 stone) had nothing but pastry under his desk, all over his chair and wedged into his keyboard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, helmut_rooster said:

Was at work last week, nothing to do, what with it being Christmas, so we hovered up, the fat lad in the office (around 35 stone) had nothing but pastry under his desk, all over his chair and wedged into his keyboard.

Christ, can you imagine the pull pizzas falling our from between the skin folds when he gets in the shower ?

happens to me, handy when ur hungry in the shower 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, helmut_rooster said:

No problems with the fat flippers of the world, great for the economy of the local takeaway and someone has to test out the durability of suspension springs but CHRIST it’s a 90 min game -  I can understand a snack but brining half of Greg’s with you seems extreme 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, clud17 said:

Amputation is usually effective, the only problem there is getting the machette past the stewards.

Just put it my lads Fireman Sam bag. I just bustle past telling them it’s full of crisps.