Kicking the back of your seat

52 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

The worst was on the coach back from Wembley. This little demon child had been weeing about on the chair behind me all the way down to London. On way back I made the kid and Dad move to my seat so I could sit behind them. 

The kid was running about throwing things and opening and closing the toilet door wafting lovely scents through the whole coach. 

I hate children. 

should have sat them next to the emergency door I think you can guess the rest lol 

• Haha 1

I normally sit on row ZZ on the Kop so I can stand as there's no-one behind me (I hate sitting at football matches). I can't see a thing, the roof obscures half of the big screen but at least I can stand (and I won't get kicked).

I think you were overly patient. Next time have a word with the kid as well as the dad...

1 hour ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

How do you handle it? 

I seem to always get a kid sat behind me that spends the whole match kicking my seat. When you have a back problem, it’s not great. 

Had it again today with a kid kicking the back of my chair for the whole game, but as an added bonus also kicking through the gap into my jeans directly. 

Had a word with the Dad but kept happening. Had another word. Kept happening. At what point is it acceptable to actually lose your cool with this? 

I’m just over six foot tall and manage to go a whole game without kicking or touching the seas in front of me. If your little brat can’t stop kicking the chair in front, don’t take them to the match. 

Not fun spending the rest of the day with a painful back. 

Rant over. 

A good fart in their area normally clears a few seats behind.Its a bit harder when there's a big crowd as there aren't many seats for them to move to

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, Cpt_Hatstand said:

FAKE NEWS

The North End of the Kop has seat numbers around 200+

I was on the north, not the kop.

Edited by Bulgaria

6 hours ago, Spencerowl said:

I find fat people the worst, used to sit next to one who would eat his own body weight throughout the game, perched his enormous girth half way onto my seat, sweet wrappers everywhere, Pie box, plastic forks, chips, bottles of coke, I think he thought it was a Buffett. Then 5-10 mins wheezing because of the walk up the stairs - but then I generally hate people TBF 

Definitely mate. If one sits next to me on the tram I just look them in the eye then get up and move to the nearest free seat, making absolutely clear they are the reason I moved. I've given up thinking of their feelings. They don't think of mine when the're smothering me with their blubber and "fat smell".

• Haha 1

I was very conscious of this yesterday, after a couple of times, I even made my boys out their feet behind my legs so they couldn't touch the chairs in front as it annoys me someone kicking my chair behind. 

Problem solved, now as for the verbal diarrhea and not shutting up and talking rounduns, I do apologise to the people near me in the grandstand sorry

Edited by MBMitchell

If they are really little, suck it up mate. Depends on how old the kid is i suppose. Took my 3 yr old daughter to her first game yesterday and she's well behaved and follows instructions but i imagine she probably gave the seat in front a few kicks without realising. Doesnt make you a bad parent (as some have suggested) unfortunately it's probably not on purpose.

If the kid is older and can control themselves then maybe it is and maybe a few turning stares is about as far as i'd go

Obviously punching the kid will cause some short term satisfaction for you, but it won't last.

Take a leaf out of Steve Waugh's book - mental disintegration is the way to go. 

The kid should be susceptible to it, Wednesday will have started the job. 

13 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

How do you handle it? 

I seem to always get a kid sat behind me that spends the whole match kicking my seat. When you have a back problem, it’s not great. 

Had it again today with a kid kicking the back of my chair for the whole game, but as an added bonus also kicking through the gap into my jeans directly. 

Had a word with the Dad but kept happening. Had another word. Kept happening. At what point is it acceptable to actually lose your cool with this? 

I’m just over six foot tall and manage to go a whole game without kicking or touching the seas in front of me. If your little brat can’t stop kicking the chair in front, don’t take them to the match. 

Not fun spending the rest of the day with a painful back. 

Rant over. 

I had this a couple of games ago, stood it for a while, then turned to say something and realised the child had 'special needs' and decided it wasn't the biggest thing in the world to endure.

however if you're a season ticket holder in a regular seat, just have a polite quiet word as you did, if that doesn't work, repeat the request less quietly informing them that if doesn't stop you will have to report it to the stewards, and if necessary to the club as it's unacceptable and damaging to your back.

most people generally take action if they think there's a claim in the offing.

13 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Was at work last week, nothing to do, what with it being Christmas, so we hovered up, the fat lad in the office (around 35 stone) had nothing but pastry under his desk, all over his chair and wedged into his keyboard.

he'd put that there for 'emergencies' like the bakery burning down, or the bakers van being involved in a crash.

• Haha 1