IF..You were selling the club...

3 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

If you were selling us, would you be asking £200 million ?

No but he'd get £100m or even£50m..... especially if it's from the balloon man (mate of DC's?) who advertised on the fancy hoarding on match day. Apparently, part ownership is a way round FFP. Again another theory that seems fairly credible on another thread. The Chansari family have done pretty well with this tuna business thing a value of £7 billion doesn't just happen by luck and he will have someone lined up to step in.

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

..............would you honestly lay out another £2 million on Steve Bruce?

Whats happening...it all seems kneejerk

First of all the answer to that question is we don’t know if that’s true or not or just speculation But also if I was selling the club  i’d be really happy That means I’m really rich

I wasn't at the Fans' Forum but it seems clear that DC was adamant Jos was going to stay on Wednesday night but by tonight Jos is gone. Don't get me wrong, I didn't want Jos to stay but what sort of strategic thinking has there been at the top of the club in reaching this important decision between Wednesday and Friday? Is it the same sort of strategic planning that suddenly put the club up for sale?

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

For a start, nobody knows it's £2m. Secondly, he might give him a 12 month roller and I would probably estimate that the club wouldn't be sold in under 12 months. I mean, would you buy? 

14 minutes ago, chrisd0407 said:

I'll eat my hair if he got anywhere near £100m.

Probally didn't put it across very well. He could possibly  give/loan the money to the balloon man to go in with him. Probally really dodgy financially, but all sorts of weird stuff like this goes on in big business to make tax laws work for you So why not with FFP.

Said it the other day and Bullen said the same in the presser. DC, emotions running high pretty much said something in the heat of the moment. Sure, it's technically true as most things are for sale at the right price but he still wants to succeed here make no mistake. 

Bottom line is, he could still succeed here if he can bridge the gap between him and the average fan.

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

It does seem a bit bizarre!

What DC said about selling could be taken two ways. 

Could have just meant when he’s ready (if not wanted) he will put us up for sale and expects plenty of interest..

in another breath earlier said wanted pass on to his son.

mek thi mind up lad

I don't know about selling a football club, but I would NEVER,EVER. buy a football club.

Just a money pit, espescially Wednesday, the squad needs renewing and only time can help there, the ground should be in a museum and will cost up to £100m to bring into the 21st century, a ground that has 40k seats but can only hold 33k due to safety concerns and generates very little financial return.

Who ever is stupid enough to take us on will need £200m, either as a consortium or on his own.

51 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

I wasn't at the Fans' Forum but it seems clear that DC was adamant Jos was going to stay on Wednesday night but by tonight Jos is gone. Don't get me wrong, I didn't want Jos to stay but what sort of strategic thinking has there been at the top of the club in reaching this important decision between Wednesday and Friday? Is it the same sort of strategic planning that suddenly put the club up for sale?

The same kind of strategic thinking the club has shown since 1984, none.

58 minutes ago, wilfsmith said:

If he was in talks with Bruce midweek he couldn't well say he was about to fire Jos until confirmed.

Presumably he's had the nod from Bruce, hence the change of tac.

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

having a 'name' experienced manager would make us more saleable  if we keep in this division  

let's see if we get one