Official - Club up for sale

Just now, sherlyegg said:

I think he is the chairman or one of his advisers

There are quite a few.

When realism and pragmatism flows into fantasy. Defending the indefensible.

Most of them were related to King Canute, I’m led to believe.

“The Club is/isn’t for sale”

What a way to run a football Club - we can’t even publicise this unequivocally. It’s symptomatic of the basket case we are.

The irony hasn’t gone undetected.

13 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

All 90 odd clubs in the league are "for sale" if a money man comes along, my house isn't "for sale" but if a massive offer came in I'd take it.

Worst fans in football - official.

Have you ever considered switching to decaffeinated? 

According to the reports, he said:

"If I sold the club I'd make £100million more - maybe more."

I think his English is responsible for the reports in the national press. My taking of the above is he would sell the club for £100m not £100m profit or £200m price. I think £100m is still a nonsense but he's at least made it public what he expects as a starting negotiation figure. 

He also said, "Who will want to offer me a good price?, and, "People wanted to buy but I said no."

If the above is true, they will have likely valued the club at say £30m - so this would mean DC writing off say £30m+ or so, which he might have to do, unless the loans are tied up in conditions from third parties.

6 minutes ago, Animis said:

I think his English is responsible for the reports in the national press. My taking of the above is he would sell the club for £100m not £100m profit or £200m price. I think £100m is still a nonsense but he's at least made it public what he expects as a starting negotiation figure. 

He also said, "Who will want to offer me a good price?, and, "People wanted to buy but I said no."

If the above is true, they will have likely valued the club at say £30m - so this would mean DC writing off say £30m+ or so, which he might have to do, unless the loans are tied up in conditions from third parties.

I do agree that from the reporting and updates that I read - his announcement seemed a bit rhetorical, mardy and confused.

Whether the Chairman is open to reasonable offers? - I have no idea. Is it “really” up for sale? - no idea.

It could be lost in translation.

And, is an offer to sell, without a realistic price tag - a real offer?

I take most of what he says with a pinch of salt, putting it politely.

Shambles - he cant even get this right/straight.

Edited by ReadingOwl

On 20/12/2018 at 00:12, Whitechapel Owl said:

There's one particular road we go to look at each year, almost every house puts up loads of lights outside their homes and on all the trees, it looks fantastic.

http://tripswithatot.com/christmas/abbeydale-park-rise-lights-sheffield/

And it was thus. As the great star shone in the sky, the three wise footballing talents followed it to the bright lights of Sheffield bringing comedy gold, Frank Incenz from the Colin Todd footballing academy, and mirth.

Behold, Jesus, the lights of Abbeydale Park Rise.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

I do agree that from the reporting and updates that I read - his announcement seemed a bit rhetorical, mardy and confused.

Whether the Chairman is open to reasonable offers? - I have no idea. Is it “really” up for sale? - no idea.

It could be lost in translation.

An, is an offer to sell, without a realistic price tag - a real offer?

I take most of what he says with a pinch of salt.

He's either very naive or a master tactician or a bit of both.

He's had a long time to plan the forum responses - probably 10 hrs in first class from Bangkok alone. He knew what the major headline issues were so he would have had a ready response for each. I believe he had every intention of announcing (drip-feeding) the sale bit. 

Him and his immediate family could be in this for millions - who knows, and he may have realised that several more years at this, losing say £15m/annum is not achievable. Alternatively, if his extended family or other parties are fully/partly funding this, they would have looked at the club's KPI performances over the last two years and thought 'fec that, we're out.'

Don’t see what all this price tag hype does other than to give the papers a headline and something to argue about on social media.

There are all sorts of ways a deal can be structured, for example I recall Milan said he would get a “bonus” if we won the playoffs. Given our situation no one is likely to pay a premium price up front. It’ll involve all sorts of conditional considerations when it happens unless Chansiri gets really desperate and just decides to cut his losses.

3 minutes ago, Tyto Alba said:

Chansiri just made it up on the spur of the moment FFS!

I agree with this 100%. 

At the start of his last speech he was saying he wanted to hand it down to family. Then seemed to get annoyed with himself so announced this. I don't believe this was going to happen or he wanted it to happen -- I think he talked himself into saying it. 

Otherwise this would have been first announcement. 

The exact same thing happened with memberships at the forum at beginning of season. He talked himself into reducing the price after fans had voiced there complaints. 

Edited by SouthernOwl24

41 minutes ago, Animis said:

According to last audited accounts, the loans are solely to Chansiri and informal, backed by no legal agreement.

Must be a around £50 million now owing to Chansiri.

Let's hope the recent bidders he talks about about are not worried about a few odd million.

Certainly, Red Bull wouldn't blink at £30 million to buy us.