Official - Club up for sale

Coming out in public and declaring this was his first mistake, certainly in the manner he's done it. 

If he is looking to sell, then he's already undermined himself from a negotiation point of view. 

Any prospective buyer would have the upper hand straight away. 

Just now, SiJ said:

Coming out in public and declaring this was his first mistake, certainly in the manner he's done it. 

If he is looking to sell, then he's already undermined himself from a negotiation point of view. 

Any prospective buyer would have the upper hand straight away. 

Jesus wept - HE DIDN'T!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Listen mate you really need to read the actual news item before commenting - its a laughable piece of unsubstantiated nonsense.

It has been reported in every single major news outlet.

As of yet, the club have not put out a statement denying it. 

If it isn't for sale then the club looks like a bunch of wazzocks. 

Just now, toppOwl said:

Jesus wept - HE DIDN'T!!!!!!!

Why are you getting so worked up?

There are quotes - from the chairman - which have been construed as him putting us up for sale. So much so, that every major media outlet is reporting it. 

Has the club come out to deny it? Not yet. 

Chill the flip out. 

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Why are you getting so worked up?

There are quotes - from the chairman - which have been construed as him putting us up for sale. So much so, that every major media outlet is reporting it. 

Has the club come out to deny it? Not yet. 

Chill the flip out. 

The club quoted him on the official twitter feed! So i've no idea why people are disputing this. 

Here it is:

Dejphon Chansiri has put a £200 million price tag on Sheffield Wednesday, according to the Daily Mirror (December 21, page 64).

The Owls' Thai owner revealed at a fans' forum earlier this week that the club is up for sale.

It follows strong criticism of his regime, during which Wednesday gone from being a side that twice came close to promotion from the Championship, to one battling relegation and facing further sanctions in relation to its over-spending.

Chansiri is reported to have told the Sheffield Star: "I will put this club on the market and I believe many people will want to buy".

But his alleged asking price is close to seven times the £30 million he is said to have paid for the Owls (the Guardian) back in 2015.

Meanwhile, Sheffield Wednesday's most recent accounts showed losses of more than £20 million throughout the 2016-17 season.

And, assuming the Daily Mirror's figure is accurate, it is unlikely that any potential new owner will be rushing to buy the Yorkshire club.

I've highlighted some of the key points, the quotes are misquotes and everything else is speculation, anyone with a brain and a basic grasp of English language can see that its total nonsense.

chansiri will still be here in 1 years time 100% .nobody will even offer half what he wants . and if we go down he might be lucky to sell us for a £1 with all the debts that will be round our necks. only staying up will this club be sellable in the medium term. and once any buyers see our books they will trip up running out of hilsborough so fast. 

7 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Here it is:

Dejphon Chansiri has put a £200 million price tag on Sheffield Wednesday, according to the Daily Mirror (December 21, page 64).

The Owls' Thai owner revealed at a fans' forum earlier this week that the club is up for sale.

It follows strong criticism of his regime, during which Wednesday gone from being a side that twice came close to promotion from the Championship, to one battling relegation and facing further sanctions in relation to its over-spending.

Chansiri is reported to have told the Sheffield Star: "I will put this club on the market and I believe many people will want to buy".

But his alleged asking price is close to seven times the £30 million he is said to have paid for the Owls (the Guardian) back in 2015.

Meanwhile, Sheffield Wednesday's most recent accounts showed losses of more than £20 million throughout the 2016-17 season.

And, assuming the Daily Mirror's figure is accurate, it is unlikely that any potential new owner will be rushing to buy the Yorkshire club.

I've highlighted some of the key points, the quotes are misquotes and everything else is speculation, anyone with a brain and a basic grasp of English language can see that its total nonsense.

Like i said (well 35m out) and got shouted at... "Listen mate you really need to read the actual news item before commenting - its a laughable piece of unsubstantiated nonsense."

Just now, handworth52 said:

chansiri will still be here in 1 years time 100% .nobody will even offer half what he wants . and if we go down he might be lucky to sell us for a £1 with all the debts that will be round our necks. only staying up will this club be sellable in the medium term. and once any buyers see our books they will trip up running out of hilsborough so fast. 

Another one, they're ten a penny this morning, I'm beginning to think with fans like the ones on here salivating over press speculation that we deserve absloutely nothing. :Pelupessy:

2 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Does the Chairman know that you’re touting it around that the Club isn’t for sale now?

He’ll be bloody furious when he finds out.

All 90 odd clubs in the league are "for sale" if a money man comes along, my house isn't "for sale" but if a massive offer came in I'd take it.

Worst fans in football - official.

He paid £37m for the club and he would be lucky to get £50m for it. I acknowledge that he has spent some money on the pitch, training facilities etc but for him to think he can get £200m for a championship club with significant problems is sheer buffoonery!

His best ploy would be to sell Reach in January and keep us clear of FFP. Bring in a short term manager to keep us up. Get rid of the deadwood in the summer then sell. 

I thank him for giving it a go and it nearly paid off. However, his decision making over the last 2 years has been dreadful and irrational and there is no way he is going to turn us around.

1 minute ago, Bouncing Owl said:

He paid £37m for the club and he would be lucky to get £50m for it. I acknowledge that he has spent some money on the pitch, training facilities etc but for him to think he can get £200m for a championship club with significant problems is sheer buffoonery!

His best ploy would be to sell Reach in January and keep us clear of FFP. Bring in a short term manager to keep us up. Get rid of the deadwood in the summer then sell. 

I thank him for giving it a go and it nearly paid off. However, his decision making over the last 2 years has been dreadful and irrational and there is no way he is going to turn us around.

And another one, I'm out. Merry Christmas.

• Thanks 1